Surprise Packages!!!

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by .45Kevin, Oct 12, 2005.

1. .45Kevin

.45Kevin Weapons Trainer

Yum! Heres one of my childhood favorites. Take a BIG piece of aluminum foil. In the center put one big slice of onion. Then on top of the onion put a big thick beef pattie. A little seasoning salt & worcestershire. Then stack up slices of potato, onion, and throw in some baby carrots. A little more seasoning & worcestershire. Wrap in all up tight into a big package. I crimp the foil seams really good. Into the oven on a baking sheet...bake at 400 for an hour or so...the smell will tell you when its good and ready. WOW...you'll love this...and no mess, fuss, or dishes. ;) Just put the package on a plate and be careful opening it...its real hot. Presto...surprise packages.^7

2. jawjaboy

jawjaboy Casual lead ho

We do something similar. Make a thick h/b patty, add cut up potato, carrots, and celery. Season to taste. Throw it into two layers of heavy duty aluminum foil, wrap into a tight package. Place the package into the coals of a campfire 'til done. We call them Girl Scout Hamburgers. Instead of a fire, I'm sure they would be almost as good out of the oven! Enjoy!

3. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

We always called them Ho-Bo meals.;f

4. GlockSpeed31

GlockSpeed31

We called them Suprise Burgers! Ours would be Onions, Potatos & Mushrooms with the burger patty with a little butter & salt & pepper on top, wrapped in foil.

Loved them as a kid and still love them 20+ years later.

5. G21FAN

G21FAN Useless loser Millennium Member

Ho-Bo dinners. Staple of my Boy Scout camping cusine.