close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Surplus, Surplus

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by isuzu, Mar 26, 2006.

1. isuzu

isuzu

Fellow BOGs, click on this link for liquidation/surplus items, ranging from aircraft parts, medical supplies, to boats, vehicles, heavy equipment, generators, electrical supplies, military supplies, etc.

http://www.govliquidation.com/

2. Evan N. Payawal

Evan N. Payawal

Hello Isuzu, I noticed ur based in North America. Just out of curiosity, have ELISCO brand M16s ever found their way to gun collectors there? These must be quite rare in those parts.

3. isuzu

isuzu

Haven't seen an Elisco M16 here. I think BATF rules prohibit importation of complete firearms like NORINCO. One of their provisions is that firearms have to be assembled in the US or assembled with a certain percentage of US-made parts.

I hope our US-based BOGs could provide additional information regarding this.

Elisco M16s are essentially rebadged Colt M16s that were assembled in the Philippines and utilize non-chrome-lined barrels, which IMHO, is a stupid set up considering that the Philippines is a very humid country, and barrel life of a chrome-lined barrel is about three times as much as a non-chromed barrel. Chrome-lined barrels could have saved our government millions of pesos.

4. glockoroni

glockoroni

They are not rebadged Colt (nor made in the U.S.A.), they are made for Colt by Elisco (I think in Taiwan) for export to the Philippines and other Asian countries. I don't think there will be much demand for a foreign-made M16/AR15 since the supply in the U.S. is plentiful (and probably better made).

5. isuzu

isuzu

Elisco was based in the Philippines and assembly of these rifles was in Bataan.

From http://www.thegunzone.com/556dw-2.html

After acquiring 50,000 XM16E1-type rifles, the Philippine government purchases a production license from Colt for an XM16E1-type rifle and a 14.5" barreled carbine. Manufactured by Elisco Tool Company of Manila, Colt designates these variants, the Model 613-P and 653-P, respectively.

6. chowchow

chowchow

Gumawa pa ba sila ng M16A1 (full auto) or the M16A2 (3 rd burst)sa Bataan?

7. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Elisco M16A1s are not rebadged colts, they are made here in RP under license from Colt:) they followed the earlier colts that has chromed chambers. they are dependable and accurate rifles. if you take care of it, it will last since most o our guns are mainly carried and seldom fired. and yes chrome lining the bbl do make it more resistant to corrosion which is usually the state of the M16 bbls we have here.

8. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

not anymore, i heard the factory shut down. but the tooling is still intact:)