close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

surgery update

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by wallyglock, Mar 27, 2010.

1. wallyglock

wallyglock

brought my akita doggie home yesterday around 4 pm surgery went well and the sist/tumor was about the size of a softball. doc believes he got it all and one small part was attached to a muscle....again , he believes he was successful here also.
    she slept most of the nite and i gave her a pain pill about midnite. she had groaned some in the nite and i believe some of the original anestetic had worn off.
    i DID get her to got out for about a one block walk about mid morning this morning. she peed 3- times and seemed glad to be outside but tired pretty easily. has drank water a good bit and her pill was given in about 1/3 slices of light bologna. am trying not to give her much people food but to get her to take her meds i will give the small amounts of meat and maybe a little baby swiss to get it down for her. she has her dog food available all the time but has yet to try any.

all and all things are decent to this point . she is well loved and i want to help her all i can,.

stitches stay in for about 2 weeks and they told me if she needs her bandages changed to bring her in and they would only charge me a very minimal amount to look her over and to change those

thanks for all the concern for her :cool:

wally

2. trainracer

trainracer

if you dont want give her people food try pill pockets they come in chicken and beef flavors that was the only way i could get my rotties to take pills

3. RLB

RLB

Great news. Glad she is up and around.
    Hope she continues to recover wells.

4. wallyglock

wallyglock

appreciate the feelings for us.

trainracer...... what ARE pill pockets ? from the pet store , grocery or where do i go to get them ?:dunno:

she is walking a little farther , this early am about 2 blocks. she is glad to get out but she is still pretty sore of course. there is a little bit of blood seepage after she walks. the incision will drip 4- 5 fairly small drops. it looks like somewhat watered down blood drops. it seems to only do it after activity .....her walk .
    might call the vet on this just to be sure that is expected and not out of the norm for what she has been thru .

best to all from the recovering doggie , me and all seven cats
    wally

5. trainracer

trainracer

petsmart or petco they're made by greenes they make for the round pills or capsules

6. Platz

Platz

Glad to hear she's doing well. Small amounts of "people food" to give pills in won't hurt her a bit. Small hot dog chunks work just as well as pill pockets, which are over $10 for a small bag here.

7. cllrtr

cllrtr

Glad your girl is doing well.

8. wallyglock

wallyglock

hello again to all you folks and animal lovers. i truly hope all of you and you much beloved 4 legged friends are healthy.

my big baby has turned the corner about 3-4 days ago and is feeling much better . the surgery wound is not fully healed yet but her eneergy and overall outlook is much better. she plays some and is getting up to go out for her walks much easier.
    she has about a weeks worth of anti-biotics to take and her stiches should come out about that time also.

i bought her a new hedge hog play toy and she has roughed it up a lot .....sort of like old times !

talk again to all of you in a few days.

god bless wally

9. dkbrucedvm

dkbrucedvm

Great news! Best wishes for her continued recovery.

10. Dyno

Dyno

Glad to hear she is doing good and is cared for so well.
    Good luck, Dyno