1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
I had a pre-LED model. You are correct in your assumption. They are heavy, overly large, and expensive. Many better options nowadays.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
You had me till I saw the price. I love Surefire products but they priced themselves out of the civilian market years ago.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
:wow: Holly cow that is expensive. It's almost as much as a Colt AR. I would get a magpul grip and a Streamlight.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
surefire is sure proud of that

·
Shut your mouth
5,318 Posts

·
Kydex Crafter
6,533 Posts
I have several. They are bright, dependable, and work with rechargeable CR123 batteries!!
You can pick used ones up for way less than MSRP. I even have one with infared navigation light instead on the white LED!!

Makes my KSG tameable and is great on my AR15s.!!!

·
12,970 Posts
Never been a huge fan of those though 10 years ago, they were the thing to have. The newer versions, same issue (weight).

A Surefire Fury is 500 lumens (750 coming soon) with about half the weight and size, and you're not forced to use 'their' VFG...you can mix and match as necessary.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
So many other ways to spend the cash and still have enough left over for a weapon light.

·
AAAMAD
32,653 Posts
Seems to me, this is one of the "we made it 10 years ago, people recognize it, and buy it because it has our name, so we won't drop it" things.

I've used them, and they work well.

But I'd rather have a stubby VFG myself, so my choice, would be a light, and a stubby VFG. If you like full size VFG's its not a bad choice. But for the money you could do better.

At the end of the day, its a SF product. Tough, dependable, and expensive.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
For that kind of money I might as well duct tape a maglight to a piece of rail and a piece of PVC and sell it for $300.

·
12,970 Posts
The Incas had Surefires mounted on their spears? :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts