SureFire DSF-500/590 Dedicated Shotgun Forend WeaponLight for Mossberg 500/590 Shotguns

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by MSW, Sep 8, 2015.

1. MSW

MSW

Thinking about putting one of these on Mossy 500 which has a Birdseye grip from Shockwave Technologies. If you like pistol grip shotguns, you'll love Shockwave's grip.

But I digress . . . I have one of these lights on my full size Winchester. I love it.

Anyone have any experience with this light on a short Mossy?

I know it adds weight. I'm thinking a little weight on tne shorty might not be a bad thing.

I like lights on shotguns. I'm older and like to see things before I shoot. Yes, I know the argument about lights on weapons.

Thanks.

2. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Which Winchester do you have it on? I want to get one for my SXP Defender, but I don't know if it's compatible. I'm personally not a fan of shotguns with pistol grips, but if you're intended purpose is home defense you definitely need a light on it. I find the whole argument against not having a light on a gun comes from the people who don't know what they're talking about. You need to be able to identify your target. Period.

MSW likes this.

3. MSW

MSW

Winchester 1200. I've had it on it about 3 years. It lives peacefully in the rack in my bedroom closet.

I'm a fan of lights on home defense guns.

I really don't expect to get in a protracted gun fight wher a dedicated light would identify my position.

I'm way more worried about shooting a "friendly" who I might misidentify w/o the light.

I've got the light for the short Mossy and I'm going to install it. It is going to live in another part of my house, close to my Glock 21 SF which also has a light on it.

In all my closets close to my entry doors I have Streamlight flashlights in charging racks. I find the very handy. They're pricey but well worth it. Being able to put your hands immediately on a blinding flashlight is a big plus.

I'll report back on the Mossy light.

4. MSW

MSW

Put the light on my Mossy works great.

5. MSW

MSW

Follow up post -

I installed the Shockwave Technologies birds head grip on the short Mossy. Makes all the difference in the world.

I installed a Uncle Mike's sling swivel stud into the birds head so my sling swivel will clip in.

I installed the Surefire light and it balances the weapon nicely.

The weapon shoots a lot smoother and doesn't seem to jump as much when fired. I attribute this to the extra weight on the front end of the weapon.

If you're thinking about doing this, I'd recommend it highly.

6. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Pictures or it didn't happen.

7. MSW

MSW

X-man - I'm on the road for work for a couple of weeks. I'm flying so the Boomstick is at home with the family.

Maybe when I get home.