Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Surefire x300 weaponlight in 09 for my 1911 that has a Dawson rail. To make it fit you have to take off the stock rail clamps and put an adapter on. I have since moved and now that I want to carry my Glock on occasion I can't find the stock x300 parts. I emailed Surefire and told my dilemma who sent me the parts for free and told me to contact them if I have any more problems.

I don't mind giving credit where credit is due since I like when people do the same for me even though nowadays all you here is the negative.

·
Premium Member
8,024 Posts
I love surefire. The quality and the service comes at a premium, but I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

·
Florist
20,037 Posts
I love surefire. The quality and the service comes at a premium, but I think it's worth it.
Me too. Yes I paid a premium, but their products last "forever," so it's not like I have to purchase a replacement every month or so.

I love their products.

·
Massive Member
25,491 Posts
Me too. Yes I paid a premium, but their products last "forever," so it's not like I have to purchase a replacement every month or so.

I love their products.
I'm the same way. I'd rather pay twice as much and have it last 4 times as long. I consider paying twice as much a "discount" rather than a "premium" when that works out..

Randy

·
Registered
312 Posts
They've done the same for me multiple times. I don't know how the CS is for Streamlight, but I don't care, I own all Surefire products:)! Good thing is they offer LE pricing. I order all of mine through BrightFlashlights.com.

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,514 Posts
As I sit here typing this there is a SureFire 6P on my belt. Purchased in 1992, it was one of their first models. It has been with me through ten years of police escapades, including 9/11, two building fires and many felony building searches, search warrants and some less melodramatic events in between. The finish is almost gone, it has been converted to an LED head and it still works every single time I push the button.

That's nineteen years of almost daily use. If I remember correctly I paid $45.00 for it. Many cops laughed at me back then for spending so much on my flashlight. Nobody in Narcotics did. SureFire flashlights turned many dark encounters from negative results to into the P van you go, sir. Everyone in my narcotics platoon went out and got one after trying mine on car stops.

If I were to count how many handheld and weapon mounted SF's I own the number would be well over twenty. That's not counting the ones I have given as gifts. My Father taught me at a very young age to buy the best tools for the job and to take care of them. SureFire is an example of his teachings. I don't think you can buy better.

·
Unfair Facist
26,952 Posts
I got my 6P in either late 91 or early 92 back then they had a kit to turn it into a rechargeable 9P light which I got.

everyone needs to pay attention to what Sean has to say, when he started a portable light was two sticks to rub together and some dry tinder.

:rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,514 Posts
Quite True;

Dragoon was my FTO. We thought he was ancient back then. His idea of a PowerPoint presentation was drawings on the cave wall.

·
Unfair Facist
26,952 Posts
Quite True;

Dragoon was my FTO. We thought he was ancient back then. His idea of a PowerPoint presentation was drawings on the cave wall.
:rofl::rofl:

Good to see you my friend, we don't hear from you often enough. What, you got a life or something?

:tongueout::rofl:

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,514 Posts
Life has me by the throat; I stabbed it in the eye with a ballpoint pen to make it let go.

Are you still educating the masses?

·
Unfair Facist
26,952 Posts
Life has me by the throat; I stabbed it in the eye with a ballpoint pen to make it let go.

Are you still educating the masses?
Feels More like adjudicating the messes.

:supergrin:

·
No Infidels!
8,794 Posts
There's a thread going on another forum I read where a dealer is *****ing about Surefire's business practices and there is quite the number of guys jumping on the bandwagon to complain about their prices and so forth. I don't get it. They make THE BEST stuff out there. Period. There is brighter and there is cheaper, but the overall quality of Surefire's stuff is pretty much beyond reproach.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Has surefire ever came up with a good rechargable light that does not cost $400 yet? Back when I first got my G2Z there were reported problems with their rechargable battery systems. Only other Surefires I have had were a surefire 200a, g2 and a 951. All have worked great but they are battery gobblers

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Surefire currently does not make rechargeable lights but says there will be some coming out but no date. I think Lithium battery technology has matured to the point where rechargable lights have become usable for duty and tactical use.

I agree they do eat Lithium primaries though. I did buy a Chinese light that runs on 1 18650 Lithium reechargeable and the claim is 500 lumens. I think foreign made light manufacturers us some hyperbole to describe their light's capabilities

1 - 20 of 22 Posts