close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Surefire 9p want to change to led bulb

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ICARRY2, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

I have a surefire 9p. I bought it before the 6p came out. I want to change the standard bulb that uses up the battery. I want to change to a 9p led bulb for longer battery life and better light.

Has anyone changed their 9p to a led and if so, what bulb did.you go with? I own a 6p too with a led.

2. goldenlight

goldenlight

Go to www.candlepowerforums.com

Register, and then ask this question in the LED flashlights section.

There are TONS of drop in LED engines with reflectors for the Surefire C and M-series flashlights.

There are so may different ones, you will need to figure out what you want the flashlight to do: maximum output, maximum battery life, adjustable light levels, strobe, SOS, etc.

You also need to decide how much you want to spend: the drop in modules run from $30 to over $100 dollars. The best ones are about 8 to 10 times more efficient than the incandescent lamp that your 9P Surefire came with. The incandescent lamps have a lifespan of about 20 to 30 hours, while LED emitters have a lifespan that is measured in tens of THOUSANDS of hours.

LED tint: cool, neutral, or warm. Cool tint LED give the most light, but they are somewhat bluish/greenish, and many people don't like them, although they are my favorite.

Good luck.

3. OdinIII

OdinIII

I'm still amazed at the output of my G2 with a Malkoff module. It looks like the one for your 9P would be almost twice as bright! I started out with 1 and now I have 3.

Changing them is easy. Just tighten the bezel as hard as you can using only your hands.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. John Galt

John Galt Anti-Federalist

+1 on the Malkoff drop-ins. They are as tough as nails and amazingly bright.

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/m91-dropin-p-107.html

5. AA#5

AA#5

I changed to the SureFire LED assembly in my 2 and 3 cell lights. In the 2-cell, it only increases the output from 60 to 80 lumens. In the 3-cell, it doesn't increase the output but it increases the run time.