Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check this mag out. It's long as hell.
They also make a 60rd. mag.
I think I will stick with my Armatac 150rd Drum. ANd my 30rd's for now.

·
Banned
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yhea I know. Just like the KSG. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
It might be good for soldiers on patrol? Maybe load the rifle with 1 Surefire 60 rounder as you are out on a patrol so you can have a significant amount of sustained suppressive fire in an attack or ambush? And keep the rest of your combat load the standard 30 rounders. Thats about as far as I would go personally if I was given those mags. Thats alot more comfortable than a fully loaded 150 round Armatac drum.

I shot the 100 round mag at Shot Show and it ran with no issues but I saw another guy just before me have a few FTF's so I would have to personally test them more to trust my life to them.

·
NRA ENDOWMENT
6,545 Posts
The 60 round one has my intereste. I ordered one on pre order. The 60 round mag is not so tall you can't mono pod with it for prone shooting. It will also cover most sane three gun stages involving a rifle. If it works for three gun I will try it for patrol as well. As a cop we don't have the space left on our equipment belt for a lot of spare AR mags. Most of the time you have what is in the gun and that is it. Right now we issue a coupled mag system. But this mag may do away with that need. 1 gun and 60 rounds should handle most any leo situation I can think of.
Pat

·
Banned
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 60rd. looks more feasible. But the price is way to high.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
This thing is grotesque. Anyone has an idea how reliable it is? Some pretty heavy-hitting Russian designers tried to make 3- and 4- column mags for AK/RPK, they failed army trials.

·
NRA ENDOWMENT
6,545 Posts
This thing is grotesque. Anyone has an idea how reliable it is? Some pretty heavy-hitting Russian designers tried to make 3- and 4- column mags for AK/RPK, they failed army trials.
Surefires three gun team used it all last seasons and they said it had no issues.
Pat

·
Registered
673 Posts
I want to see Chris Costa do a speed reload with one of these things so that the empty mag gets slung out of the gun hard enough to knock the cameraman out.

·
ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ
3,532 Posts
The 60 looks good. The 100, not so much, too big and heavy for most uses. Good for 3-gun and maybe for point on patrol, but other than that I don't think I'd want to carry the thing. Of course, if you normally run a redimag it allows you to ditch it without giving up capacity.

·
Formerly1811guy2
3,535 Posts
When Magpul comes out with theirs, assuming the price point is half what SF wants, I will be interested. $129.00 is really spendy. I do see its value for 3 gun and maybe for my issed M4 if my agency approves. At a minimum, it would be a fun range toy.

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
The Beta C mag has been out for decades, it works, and its cheaper than this behemoth.

Why fix something that ain't broke?

The 60 rounder, sure, for 3 gun, yeah. I will stick to my 30s though.

·
Banned
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have heard that their is reliability problems with the Beta C Mags in the field.
I'll stick with my 30's and my Armatac 150rd drum for know until there is more test results on the 60rd mag.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts