Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never seen bakery white sandwich bread shortages, or empty shelves of hot dog and hamburger buns (excepting the first week after the "stay at home"order). Since then I can get Wonder Bread like anywhere, even DG and Kroger and it is stacked waist high.

But I build my own because it is superior, and having yeast is kinda important. I'm good, thankfully, until sometime around September!

·
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
w00t~

Today for the first time in two months I found fresh yeast on the shelf in Kroger. For weeks I've been checking every 2-3 days and no joy.

So I bought some more. And flour as well.

For.... reasons.

·
SAF
10,614 Posts
I have around 75 lb. of very high gluten bread flour and I buy dry yeast by the pound. I flat out refuse to eat the crap called bread in grocery stores.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,665 Posts
Stored in the freezer yeast will last ~6 months at best. Don't buy more than you'll use in that time frame.

Reactions: nitesit(+ an e)

·
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stored in the freezer yeast will last ~6 months at best. Don't buy more than you'll use in that time frame.
^ For a fact.

I strive to keep one open jar of Fleishmans in the fridge, plus maybe three foil pack strips on hand at any one time because as you say its doesn't store forever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts