close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Supressor For Glock 17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Esox357, Sep 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Esox357

Esox357

Can anyone recommend a good suppressor for the Glock 17 that will function and not interfere with the sights? Can you relate your experience to suppressing this firearm and good and bad. How hard is it to maintain the suppressor. Thanks Esox357

2. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Millennium Member

The limiting factor on function will be the weight of the suppressor. The barrel has to tilt to unlock and the gun to cycle. The suppressor will slow this down. I would suggest that you contact the makers and ask them. Most will probably have this info on their website. Sound technologies makes good cans. Maintenance is simple. Both of mine have no moving parts.

3. johng331

johng331

check out www.swrmfg.com
    look at the gs9-k2,since the glock barrel cams up when fired you need a nielson device(sp?) to aid in cycling.i hear nothing but good things about this company.
    i have one in transfer to me,but i dont have to wait to shoot my g17 suppressed.i can just use my cac9 smg suppressor.it may not cycle,(you have to work the slide every shot)or look good,but it is super quiet.plus it helps to ease the wait time from the atf.getting a new machine gun or suppressor is always a lil easier when you have others to play with;e the worst wait is ALWAYS the first,cause you dont have anything else to play with.

4. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

I have the GS9K2 & the HEMS. In this photo you see a Dr. Optics, but it also works with a pair of adjustable sights. The standard sights are a little low and the can obscures them. Functions flawlessly.

[​IMG]

5. UZIFORME

UZIFORME

I don't know of anyone making a dry can which will not block the sights. I just sold off my AAC Spider 2 1"X6" can and I was very happy with it, but to get the small size you have to accept putting grease in it every 10rnds or so. That's the price you pay for small.

This time I am going with an AAC Evolution 9 which is a dry can but it will block the sights.

It's easy to learn to see the sights with your dominant eye and the target with your non dominant eye and superimpose the two.

I used to use my 2" by 12" UZI SMG can on my Glock 19, with all that weight up front the barrel lock up was very tight, I could easily get 6" groups at 100yds, which was not possible with the base Glock. But you gotta cycle the pistol with every round.

6. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Well as I SAID, th SWR can does not block the sights if you have the adjustable ones. No messy grease either. 40db reduction.

7. Esox357

Esox357

Thanks for the info, what kind of price are they demanding for the suppressors. Esox357

8. UZIFORME

UZIFORME

9. Esox357

Esox357

Thanks Uziform. I will pm you soon. Esox357