close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suppressed Glock 21

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Trigger_Rush, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Trigger_Rush

Trigger_Rush Paladin

I've got a Glock 21 and I would really like to suppress it. I know suppressors are legal in AZ, so I've got that covered. This is where I fall into the unknown. Correct me if these assumptions are incorrect.

1. I need to get an ATF tax stamp ($200 or so) and some various other paperwork. What paperwork do I need?

2. The suppressor. I want to get a Gemtech Blackside.

3. Extended threaded barrel. Will be had from LoneWolfDist. Says they're threaded especially for Gemtech suppressors.

4. Ammunition. I hear subsonic is the way to go, for obvious reasons. Do you have to use ball ammo or can hollow point be used?

There's another question I'm not 100% on. Do hollow points expand upon leaving the barrel or do they expand when they hit their target?

Anyway, all help would be appreciated. Thanks much.

2. Bravo 1

Bravo 1 Serious Infidel CLM

It takes impact to expand a HP bullet. SImply traveling through the air won't make it expand,,to answer your question.

Ball ammo would be fine with sub ammo. Regardless or what caliber,,or type of handgun ammo you use. Shot placement IS the most important thing to remember.

Regarding your can of choice,,,,Gemtech is an excellent company. I have 1 Gemtech can and 2 SRT cans.

You will find yourself waiting much longer for your can to arrive at your Cl 3 than some other companies. But,,my last can was cleared 3 weeks ago. From the day I dropped my packet in the mail to a call from my Cl 3 saying my Form 4 was back was only 50 days.

That beats the hell out of 4-6 months IMO.

You could check this site out too if you have some free time.

http://silencertests.com/

3. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

1. I need to get an ATF tax stamp ($200 or so) and some various other paperwork. What paperwork do I need? Your C3 dealer will talk you through the paperwork. $200 + Citizen form + form 4 + fingureprints

2. The suppressor. I want to get a Gemtech Blackside. I have a SWR Hems and love it. I have a Gemtech HVT on order.

3. Extended threaded barrel. Will be had from LoneWolfDist. Says they're threaded especially for Gemtech suppressors. I am a little perticular about my barrels. You get what you pay for. I would not do a lonewolf barrel.

4. Ammunition. I hear subsonic is the way to go, for obvious reasons. Do you have to use ball ammo or can hollow point be used? Ball is cheap and avaliable. HP is more expensive. I shoot both.

Good luck, yell if you have any other questions.

4. joemerchant24

joemerchant24

I won't repeat everything again.

However, .45 is a good choice for a suppressor. The majority of .45 ammo is designed for subsonic use. You actually have to look to find a supersonic .45 round. Whereas 9mm and .40 are higher velocity by nature and require special subsonic ammo, most .45 is subsonic from the get-go.

5. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

I agree with RWBlue here. I would not buy a generic threaded barrel. Get a quality extended barrel and have it threaded by someone who knows what they are doing. If you do not know someone who can do it, you can always send it the silencer maker.

6. Bravo 1

Bravo 1 Serious Infidel CLM

BIll Jarvis makes arguably the best bbl for pistols around.

It just happens that they are also offered threaded ;)

I have some of them and they are great to say the least.

7. Trigger_Rush

Trigger_Rush Paladin

Ok, just for reference, what does "BBL" mean? I've seen it used, I know what it refers to, just don't know what it means.

Also, are Jarvis barrels threaded to take a Gemtech? You're right though, I'll probably buy an extended barrel and send it to Gemtech in preperation for the suppressor.

8. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

BBL usually means 'barrel' but has also been used to mean 'bull barrel' or 'blued barrel' (as opposed to stainless barrel)