Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Howdy Y'all!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the Texas State Rifle Association ( http://tsra.com/?p=page&id=1 ) last year and got some mailings mentioning specialty license plates with the TSRA logo and website address.
The Texas Department of Transportation says this about the plate:
Texas State Rifle Association
From the $30 specialty plate fee, $22 goes to the Texas A&M University System to supplement existing and future scholarship programs supported by the Texas State Rifle Association and to provide grants to 4-H Club shooting sports programs to promote safety education.
I usually don't like advertising, but I've seen other specialty plates and thought they looked pretty cool. In the end I couldn't resist.
The TSRA plate costs $30 and I got it personalized as well for an additional $40. To be honest, I'm not sure how often I have to pay this. I suspect every time my registration is due.:shakehead:
Speaking of which, my registration was due. Since I often pass right by the building in San Antonio where these things are handled, I did the paperwork in person (you can do it by mail instead). Sixteen days later they called to tell me my plates were ready.
I wish the logo was a little larger, but I'm glad it's not too flashy, and maybe the web address will get people's curiosity. It is not easy to photograph a reflective surface, but I did an ok job. It looks better in person.

Before anyone says anything about it being unwise to post a picture of my plates on the net, remember hundreds of people can see them on the highway everyday. Plus, how else would you know what my favorite caliber is?:tongueout:
If anyone else is interested, here's the Texas DOT website:
http://rts.texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/txdotrts/SpecialPlateOrderServlet?grpid=60&pltid=114
The TSRA is under "Organizations"

·
TX Open Carrier
666 Posts
What does 10x25 stand for?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Before anyone says anything about it being unwise to post a picture of my plates on the net, remember hundreds of people can see them on the highway everyday. Plus, how else would you know what my favorite caliber is?:tongueout:
OPSEC (Operational Security) Nazi's will give you a hard time about this posting your plate online, but I won't.

I have TX Radio Operator plates. They have my callsign on them and say "Radio Operator." All someone has to do is write down my license plate, go online to the FCC, and they have my name and mailing address.

Sometimes you have to live a little.

Nice plate. And it does support a good cause!

(but my ham plates are cheaper :whistling: )

·
Howdy Y'all!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does 10x25 stand for?
Oh, 10x25mm caliber. It's obscure enough it seems like a random state assigned number to most people, but it has meaning to me!

Thanks for the support RED64CJ5.:wavey:

·
Trunk Monkey
669 Posts
10mm perhaps?:whistling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts