close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Support Question?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by rppnj, Jul 3, 2006.

1. rppnj

rppnj

How do you insert a quote from another post? I've been doing it wrong because my quotes do not look the same as ones that are done correctly.

I cut/paste the quote I want into the quote box and hit ok. The quote does not turn out bold as it should and does not add the name of the original poster.

Also, how do you insert a photo directly into a post (without using an attachment)?

Note: GT is the best gun forum on the web!

Thanks,
    rppnj

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Go to the post you wish to quote, and click the "Quote" button near the bottom of the box containing that post. It will bring up the reply window you are used to seeing, but with the entire post already quoted in the reply window. If it's a long post, many folks will remove the stuff before and after the part of the quote they are interested in using. Just make sure you don't remove any of the formatting characters inside the brackets near the beginning or end of the quoted post.

For photos, you need to have the photo "hosted" somewhere on the internet. There are many free (and some pay) sites that will host photos, such as Imagebucket, PBase, and imgspot. Yahoo also has an image storage area.

Anyway, once you have uploaded your picture to one of these photo hosting sites, the site will give you an URL address where the picture can be found/viewed. Copy that entire address to a file on your computer and save it, with a brief description of what the photo shows. When you want it to appear in a post, click the IMG button above the reply box, and when the small adress box appears, copy the picture's address into the box and click okay. If you do it right, the Glock Talk software will go to that address and "get" the picture, and display it in your post.

[​IMG]