Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26,833 Posts
Yes, to be honest my T level is higher than the "normal" level range, but not by a lot. Definitely not in bodybuilder range. And my dose is about 75 percent of the "max" therapeutic TRT dose. My dose is 155mg per week, max therapeutic dose is 200mg. Bodybuilders usually take as high as 500-600mg per week. Also, my doctor orders lab tests on a schedule and includes a complete metabolic panel in order to keep an eye on my health markers. Everything looks good!

My statement about feeling better than I had in my whole adult life needs to be amended. There's a "honeymoon" phase where you go from feeling terrible from low T level to feeling awesome, then you get used to it and just feel good. That's where I'm at now. I just feel normal, which is much better than I was last year when I had anxiety, depression, and zero sex drive, and my body felt like I was 10 years older than my age.

By the way, the "normal" testosterone level comes from a lab that measures testosterone levels and publishes the normal range based on patients. Every year or so the normal range lowers based on terrible health of participants as well as environmental damage done by pollutants/plastics. Normal levels today are much lower than a decade ago. I'm simply "optimized", not abusing. My doctor is very conservative with the treatment and won't allow you to go overboard. But I do know from a T forum I'm on that some TRT doctors do allow patients to take too high a dose and will even add steroids to the prescription. That's not me nor my doctor.
I do think that our testosterone has been lowered over the years by environmental and dietary factors..... and lack of heavy exercise.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts