close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Supertuck won the coin toss

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by JVO, Mar 30, 2010.

1. JVO

JVO

I was looking to try CCW IWB and narrowed it down to the supertuck and Mtac. The reviews and experiences were split about 50/50. I liked that I can try out the supertuck and if I don't like it just send it back. Comp-tac has free priority shipping until today so that made the choice a little harder or else I would of just picked the cheapest but they were dead even at price. Flipped a quarter and it landed on heads which was the supertuck. I can't wait to give it a try and have heard great praises on the stand-up guys over at crossbreed and glad to give you my business. Im hoping that I can now get myself comfortable and used to 1 holster instead of the 3 I switch around to for concealment. I have the talon grips on my 26 so we will see how that works out. I always wear an undershirt so it may not be a problem but we will find out. I also ordered the combat cut as well. The ST will be riding on my Galco cop series belt (1 1/4) and hope the combo solves my ccw issues.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. bklynpete

bklynpete Viet Nam Vet

I have a M-tac, but I am sure you will enjoy the Supertuck. The only difference is esthetics, it's the design that makes both of these holsters so popular. I like the way the larger backing spreads the weight, then the thinness of a kydex holster just makes everything so much more comfortable. Good luck with your purchase, i'm sure you will enjoy it.

Pete

3. RMD

RMD

You won't regret it :)

It made carrying my G19 comfortable...can barely feel my G26.

4. JVO

JVO

I had them both sitting in a cart on the websites for 2 days until I finally said flip a coin to pick one cause I couldn't make a decision. The deciding factor for me was warranty and full refund if I don't like the ST because this is gonna be the first time carrying IWB for me in the 5 years I have been carrying. If I don't like it ill send it back and go back on the search for another. I just hope it works out so I can stop spending so much damn money with this trial and error of holsters. I have spent so much money on expensive holsters that I only used a few times that could of bought me a new glock to add to the fam.

5. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

I bought the ST as my first "real" holster based on reviews here on GT. It carries my 27 effortlessly. The customer service over at Crossbreed was great throughout the ordering process (I changed my mind about configuration once or twice), and I have no fitment or quality issues. My only gripe is I wish I could use it more often (can't carry at work).

6. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19

funny it won my coin toss too. haha i didn't actually flip a coin, I just kinda said "enough" and ordered the supertuck. i've heard great things about both. i like the look of the mtac better, but heard the supertuck is more comfortable. since it won't be visible anyway i figured i should get over the looks and just order the one that's said to be the most comfortable.

7. JVO

JVO

Very true. It was hard cause im a very visible guy and when spending $80 it was hard for me tomake that choice cause the mtac is so much more appealing that the tuck. I also liked the provided clips of the tuc over the tac and it has a thinner profile. The tac had the adjustable restraints but from ppl that had it said it was pretty worthless. Im glad my coin landed on heads cause so far it seems like it was a good choice.

8. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19

yea plus it's going to be summer here soon and it can get pretty hot in the summer so I liked the horsehide option on the ST, which I opted for.

9. CLee0507

CLee0507

You won't be dissapointed!!! Thats what I did too.

10. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

So did I (being in FL), but I don't really know what the benefit of horsehide is over leather.

11. JVO

JVO

Now all I have to do is wait patiently 4 weeks to get it :whistling:

12. sirgarreth

sirgarreth

Not to throw you off or anything, MTAC has a 30 day return policy. I was also in that situation, between the Supertuck or MTAC. Yes, all my research was also 50/50 for both. I am the proud owner of an MTAC. I love it. Got it in 10 days. Enjoy your supertuck! Both are great!

13. JVO

JVO

Yea but comptac charges you a re-stocking fee and shipping both ways. Crossbreed is shipping and that is all the the lifetime warranty is a plus and heard they stand by it and will give you a brand new holster if you have any minor issues with it. I know both were damn close thats why I had to flip a coin. The m tac is pretty and the ST is pretty fugly IMO but hey noone will see it neways. Congrats on ur mtac and post a review just in case I don't like the ST.

14. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19

it's supposed to be more resistant to moisture, so if you sweat a lot (which i'm sure you do in FL) it's probably not a bad idea.

15. fyrecrotch

fyrecrotch

Get it... and oil to treat it well. It's worth not wishing you had gotten yours in horsehide once one of your friends shows up with his.

16. glockkramer

glockkramer

Just my experience on the horsehide here: Last summer in Alabama, we had several days of 97+ degrees with humidity at 160% and the horsehide allowed a fair amount of perspiration through. Didn't notice it until I saw some "freckles" on my G19. I bought a IWB full kydex holster for extreme heat. Horsehide is good and I don't regret spending the extra money, but it will let some moisture through (if it's hot and humid enough). BTW- mine is a Kramer Horsehide #3. I do plan on ordering a Supertuck before long for the "tuckability" factor.

17. glockkramer

glockkramer

SO, are you saying you have a few holsters for sale? Might be interested if it's for the G19! I swear, I think I like fine leather better than I do Glocks :shocked:
    Maybe I'm still buying glocks just so I can keep buying leather!

18. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19

what i meant was that compared to cowhide, horsehide is more resistant to moisture. not saying that it's completely waterproof.

19. JVO

JVO

Nice weather is here! I can't wait to get and try out the ST. It's awesome knowing that the holster is being handmade to order as we speak. I like the idea of supporting the "little mom and pop" kinda businesses. A better product always comes out of it cause it seems they take more pride in their work.

20. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19

do you mean for the cowhide or horsehide? i ordered the horsehide myself.