Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched the first episode of Supergroup on VH1. If you haven't heard of it, it is a show that got 5 pretty random music stars to form a "supergroup" and they have 12 days to wrotes songs and play a show.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/supergroup/series.jhtml

In this show they have Ted Nugent, Scott Ian (Anthrax), Jason Bonham (John Bonham's son), Evan Seinfeld (from Biohazard), and Sebastian Bach (Skid Row).

Anyhow this got me thinking, who would you choose if you had some magic ability to talk people into anything? Remeber, they have to work together to get as much done as quickly as possible, so picking people that are known to have issues with each other would not be the best idea.

My picks reflect my personal taste in music (metal).

Vocals: Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage), a growler that can also sing very well.
Drums: Mike Bordin (Faith No More, Ozzy), a drummer that can play a large variety of music (just listen to FNMs stuff).
Lead Guitar: Dave Mustane (Megadeth), hopefully he is less of an ass now that he is sober, still a great guitarist
Rhythm Guitar: Jeff Henneman (Slayer), I want Kerry King, but him and Dave Mustane have a little beef because Kerry left Dave's band to play with Slayer against Dave's wishes, so I picked Slayer's other and equaly impressive guitarist.
Bass: Justin Chancellor (Tool), him and Danny Carey make Tool IMO. Either him or Les Claypool, but I feel Les's style may not mesh all that well (it is well.... different :supergrin: )

List your supergroup!

·
Deus Diligo USA
3,204 Posts
I don't think these guys are the best of the best or anything, but I do think they'd make some great music and make for some great television.

Drums: Tre Cool
Lead Guitar:John Petrucci
Rhythm Guitar:Curt Mitchell
Bass:Billy Sheehan
Vocals:Eddie Vedder

·
I like Macs
7,683 Posts
Originally posted by Soujurn
I don't think these guys are the best of the best or anything, but I do think they'd make some great music and make for some great television.

Drums: Tre Cool
Lead Guitar:John Petrucci
Rhythm Guitar:Curt Mitchell
Bass:Billy Sheehan
Vocals:Eddie Vedder

Tre Cool is an AWESOME drummer.

·
USS Texas BB-35
4,583 Posts
Vocals ........Chris Cornell
Drums .........Dave Grohl
Lead Guitar....Mark Tremonti
Rythm Guitar...Peter Frampton
Bass...........Michael Anthony
Backup Vocals..Sammy Hagar
Percussion.....Phil Collins

You cuold get some music out of that group

·
Registered
74 Posts
Vocals (and possibly lead guitar): Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Lead Guitar: Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom)
Rythm Guitar: Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth)
Bass: Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
Drums: Danny Carey (Tool)

there could be more later

·
Registered
13,774 Posts
Originally posted by Lone Revolver
Vocals (and possibly lead guitar): Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Drums: Danny Carey (Tool)

Both of these guys are just amazing. :rock: :notworthy:

G

·
Guiatar&Back up vocals/Jerry Cantrell
Bass/Flea
Drums/Lars
Vocals/Scott Weiland or Eddie Vedder
:music: :rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts