Glock 36 Super Vel 185 Gr 45 ACP feeding problems?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Miguelito_, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Miguelito_

Miguelito_

Hello everyone, I need opinions/help, please.

I bought a G-36 at my local gun store for a reasonable price- so good, I thought it might have had some issues, but if so, it might be a good project. When I first test shot at the place I bought it, this G-36 had several misfeeds within a total of 25 rounds of 230 grain Sellier & Bellot ball ammo.

This prompted me to replace the recoil spring, trigger spring, slide stop spring, and the locking block pin. (I also ordered a new slide stop lever with spring, but it is on backorder from Brownells.) Mind you, the new recoil spring made it run again as it should, but since I did not have any real way of knowing the number of rounds through it, I replaced all the parts that typically "break" - at least as I have read, all at once. Now I can begin to keep a new round-count on them - most notably the recoil spring. All parts replaced were with Glock OEM, with nothing substituted from aftermarket sources.

Now satisfied I had it running as it should, I ordered and attempted to run the Super Vel 185 grain + P Jacketed hollow-point Rounds through it, and it will not feed reliably. It will not feed reliably when I try and rack the first round into the chamber from the magazine. It is just too flat and wide a hollow point. It catches on the front lip of the G-36 Magazine. I thought that might be the case when I saw how wide mouth and flat the front of this round is.

Now, I know the G 36 is the stepchild of the Glock line, but it fits my hands beautifully, and I like it very much. My question is, has anybody shot super this particular load of Vels Glock 36, and if so, did you have problems as well?

If the barrels in the G-30, G-30s, G-30SF and G-36 are the same, then the only real variable is the bastardized G-36 Magazine? Does anyone have any suggestions? (Other than shoot other ammunition? That one is obvious.) And if you were to suggest an alternate defensive carry ammunition, what would it be in 45 ACP?

Pictures below are of the Super-Vel discussed.

Thanks!

Mike
    IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1400.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Miguelito_

Miguelito_

Sorry, this sentence was supposed to read: "Now, I know the G 36 is the stepchild of the Glock line, but it fits my hands beautifully, and I like it very much. My question is, has anybody shot this particular load of Super Vels in their Glock 36, and if so, did you have problems as well?"