Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one ? any problems?

Also I have about 3 vehicles and didn't want to buy a MINI for all three, have anybody rigged up a holder or something similar to allow you to temp mount it to the windshield of the vehicle that your currently driving.

·
2,951 Posts
Anybody have one ? any problems?

Also I have about 3 vehicles and didn't want to buy a MINI for all three, have anybody rigged up a holder or something similar to allow you to temp mount it to the windshield of the vehicle that your currently driving.
nope... asked a customer service rep about em' and she told me once they are applied to the window you cannot take them off... if you do the microchip gets damaged. i'm sure it can be rigged though.

·
NRA Benefactor Life Member
119 Posts
heard that it doesn't beep when you go through...............unless you are looking at the PAID green light, you won't know if it went through OK

·
Registered
941 Posts
Installed mine today... three trips through tolls booths with no problems.

No, the Sun Pass Mini does not beep, nor does it have any indicators lights (on the Sun Pass Mini itself), but if you are observing the speed limit (under 25 MPH) at the toll booth you won't have any problem seeing the "Thank you" light come on. Alternatively, you can drive into a dual use (coin / Sun Pass) lane, then you are required to come to a full stop.

All the instructions say the Sun Pass Mini MUST be mounted to the windshield to work properly.

I also doubt that the Sun Pass registration system would allow you to list more than one vehicle under a Sun Pass Mini registration.

·
Shellback
5,836 Posts
Installed mine today... three trips through tolls booths with no problems.

No, the Sun Pass Mini does not beep, nor does it have any indicators lights (on the Sun Pass Mini itself), but if you are observing the speed limit (under 25 MPH) at the toll booth you won't have any problem seeing the "Thank you" light come on. Alternatively, you can drive into a dual use (coin / Sun Pass) lane, then you are required to come to a full stop.

All the instructions say the Sun Pass Mini MUST be mounted to the windshield to work properly.

I also doubt that the Sun Pass registration system would allow you to list more than one vehicle under a Sun Pass Mini registration.
Me too. I am impressed with it. After mounting I called and asked how do i know if the toll was paid without the beep? and the operator said "you don't" you'll just have to keep track online... But, so far as long as I see the green light, I just don't care. It has worked 100% of the time...

You can only register one vehicle.

·
Southern Lady
14,751 Posts
In the state of Florida, they do NOT allow you to use one pass in additional vehicles. We have three vehicles and a different pass which remains in each one.

My husband is looking for a special mounting device for his motorcycle, though. He doesn't trust the velcro to hold it on his bike!

Of the many passes we've had, the one in my car is the only one that has ever beeped when going through a toll area. It still beeps. I like that feature. If it doesn't beep, I know to go get a new battery! (which you can get free of charge at Lowes.)

·
I miss ya Murph
1,872 Posts
right now they dont work on ez-pass in orlando where my sunpass regular does. i was told by the sales person at the ft. pierce turnpike service area that they have had many angry motorcyclists come in saying they didnt work on bikes.

they also dont beep. normally i wouldnt care about the beeping of the device, what i do like is that it makes a different sound when my account gets low.

i have my account set to automatically replenish when it drops below a set amount.

when i hear the different tone of a low balance, i know that the next day when i drive through, i will hear the regular "beep" letting me know that my account was refilled.

however a couple of months back, i kept getting the account low beep a few days in a row. when i logged into my account, i found that i let my associated card expire. once updated, all was well.

if you drive through at less than 25mph on a regular booth, you can see a message on the toll station saying that the balance is low, however, most people do at least 40 through there, by the time it registers and lights the "account low" on the booth, you are already through.

also if you do the high speed lanes like on the veterans expy north of tampa, or some of the ez-pass lanes in orlando, you could rack up many unpaid toll violations without even knowing it. according to the sunpass rules, you are responsible for the tolls, whether the device is malfunctioning, the battery dies, your account runs low, etc.

i went to buy a mini for my GF, but when i found out they wouldnt beep or work on all toll roads in FL yet like the regular ones do, i bought her a standard sunpass instead. the extra peace of mind was worth the extra $20.

·
Registered
358 Posts
In the state of Florida, they do NOT allow you to use one pass in additional vehicles. We have three vehicles and a different pass which remains in each one.
This is false. A single regular transponder can be used in multiple vehicles. It is only the mini sticker that cannot be swapped.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm so glad we don't have any toll roads up this far.

·
Guitars 'n Guns
130 Posts
I just got a mini for my convertible and it was basically free. Cost $4.99 but the day after I activated it they put $4.99 in my account. So there's no reason not to get one for each car when they're free... and it works great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a mini Sunpass and it has worked fine for me. Since I don't plan on staying in FL forever the mini works great for me to drive on the turnpike and avoid horrible I-95 traffic. I just check my account for the balance on the day I use it and the customer service reps have been helpful for me if you need to check your balance by phone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts