close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sunny Kissimee Fla (Robbed at walmart)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mike Rittenour, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Mike Rittenour

Mike Rittenour

So our secound evening in Kissimee my wife and her mom go to walmart to pick up some snacks, They go out to the car and start loading it up, when my mother in law yells to my wife, that guy just took your purse! He was a young black guy and thats about the only description they had, he ran accrossed the street and was gone, wlamarts security truck was right there she saw the guy running and said she couldnt help, would even call the police, So my wife goes into to walmart and call the manager who says they cant do anything because the parking lot is not their property, so she dials 911 and on both occasions the dispatcher says she is rerouting her call to the right juristiction, Nobody ever showed up, So my wife gets back to the house and im like no way in hell this is going to happen, I drag her back out to walmart, the manager was called and never came, I dialled 911 on three differant occasions within 5 minutes of each other, the police finally show up and the officer refuses to take a report because we wont promise him that we will drive 15 hours back down here to press charges! They wont even bother to look at the video footage to see if they can id the guy!
    So my wife lost her cell phone (300.00) 200.00 in cash her drivers liscence, all but one of her credit cards and her purse which wasnt really worth much, it just had a lot of sentimental things in it. Man I hate this place!

2. thejellster05

thejellster05

I'm sorry man, I hate Walmart. Boycotted it about 3 months ago and haven't ever missed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Sorry to hear that,....Florida has a very high crime rate these days.
    Purse, money, credit cards all can be replaced. Thankful neither were injured

4. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Sorry for you too. I hate thieves.

5. mortpes

mortpes

Very common in Florida and other places. Usually the urban terrorization victim suffers injury, sometime serious. In large parking lots they like to drive by and grab, pulling the victim behind the car, etc.

6. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

wat??

Is this the parking lot around their store or one adjacent? I mean because if they are doing some sleazy crap like "not owning" what they own so they aren't responsible for damage/theft then that means their butthead security can't tell me where to park and for how long.

AMIRITE?

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Or.. maybe they only lease the building?

Not saying that wasn't a ridiculous answer by the owner, but it doesn't seem totally impossible.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  8. oldman11

oldman11

They'll use any excuse they can to not have to do their job. They're good at setting speed traps though.

9. Detectorist

Detectorist

Why is this Walmart's fault?

The Walmart close to Disney was the busiest Walmart in the US. Conversely, you have a large majority of folks who shop there who are unaware of the high theft rate in the Orlando area.

I marketed security systems in Orlando. I read that the Orlando area had a HIGHER CRIME INDEX than Detroit.

Draw your own conclusions.

10. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Florida has lots of visitors and lots of people preying on them. Far too many tourists think being on vacation makes them immune to crime when really it makes them more likely to be victimized. You can be sure the little thug who took your wife's purse knows exactly how much effort Walmart and the police are going to expend trying to catch him. You're really lucky no one was hurt.

11. Z71bill

Z71bill

Wife was lucky - could have been much worse.

12. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

You've discovered the sad (and quite dangerous) truth that, while I have the utmost respect for our law enforcement officers, police departments only create the illusion of law enforcement. There is no way they can actually keep up with real crime rates as understaffed as they are. The thin blue line is essentially a bluff at this point. God help us the day the criminal element collectively figures this out.

13. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

well, at least he went home safe to his family that night.

14. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

:whistling:

15. Mike Rittenour

Mike Rittenour

Let me clerify something, the only fault lies in the hands of the guy that stole her purse, I know how police department work, I worked DOD for a year, wrote 87 federal citations, went to court 15 times, arrested two drunk drivers, recovered one stolen car, Before that I was a MAA in the Navy. Im not saying it was the policemans fault, their policies here suck, I have needed police before and my opinion wont change here. Wasnt trying to be a smart ***, dont appreciate you who were. Just saying the system here sucks, Glad im only going to be here a bit longer! Dont ever plan on comming back!

16. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

So, basically. They do catch the guy. Now what? If you don't press charges, what do they do? Take him behind the chemical sheds?

17. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Missed the part where the purse-snatcher either worked for, or owned, Wal*Mart.......

18. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

This is GNG Lounge.

Everything is the fault of one of the following, or more than one:

Wally World
    LEOs
    People of another race
    People of another ethnicity
    People of another religion
    People of a different class from the OP
    People who don't know your language

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  19. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Not really sure the LEO can do but so much, since they don't want to press charges if the guy is caught.

20. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

That sentence you only quoted PART of had a few more words in it. Which indicate the indifference of the OP and his wife to the crime.