close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sunglasses at the gym?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by 45acp4me, Apr 10, 2005.

1. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

Ok, now I have seen it all. Tonight there was a guy at the gym wearing sunglasses. Now I'll eat my words if the guy just had eye surgery or something, but I don't think the florescent lighting is that harsh. :)

That being said, what is the goofiest mannerism, look, or thing you have seen at the gym? I figured this would top my list for a while.

Cheers!
    Glen

2. testosterone

testosterone

guys wearing gardening gloves as lifting gloves

3. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Guys wearing gloves at all in the gym. Actually, they can't technically be called "guys" at that point.;g

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

Better for babe watching...

5. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

Indoors?

So you can babe watch, but none will talk to you since you look incredibly stupid?

;f

Cheers!
    Glen

6. Willard

Willard Who, me?

People carrying (or using) pagers and phones at the gym.

People using Walkmen at the gym.

BTW, real men DO wear gloves at the gym. Those of us who make a living with our hands try to protect them.

Saying that "guys" don't wear gloves in the gym makes as much sense as saying that "guys" don't wear hearing protection or glasses when shooting.

7. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

People use walkmen, and other personal music players, for the protection of others. As pointed out on another thread, being able to hear my music and block out the fern infested world around me allows me to concentrate on my workout. Otherwise, I would fear for the safety of the spandex short and string tank top wearing, 20 minute between set discussion having, quarter squat doing, using the squat rack for bicep curling, not wanting to get too bulky twerps that seem to infest almost every "gym" on the planet.

I think that would be my list of annoying gym happenings. Oh, and people who use Smith Machines.

8. Willard

Willard Who, me?

;z

Great post!

;c

I'll ditto that!

Personally, I can't wear a Walkman in the gym - it's in my way. But, it doesn't really bother me when others wear them.

9. testosterone

testosterone

I am unable to lift with gloves.I dont like the sweat....I HAVE to work out with my own music though..cant stand the crap pumped through the gyms stereo

10. beavis1957

beavis1957 GO GAMECOCKS!

Try saying that if you have mild/severe exzema. The first time your hands start bleeding while doing an upper body workout, you'll be going out to get a damn set of gloves. I promise you that!

11. Mister Joshua

Mister Joshua Sig Addiction

My hands used to bleed every time I worked out. I still don't use gloves... (they aren't allowed in competition).

12. beavis1957

beavis1957 GO GAMECOCKS!

Well, that's good and all, but the last time I checked folks don't appreciate blood on equipment at the GYM. And I don't do competitions, so that's that. Exzema's a ***** though.

13. FreakyBig

FreakyBig Massive Member

Nothing wrong with wearing gloves, although I personally dont like them. However, you are an idiot if you wear gardening gloves in the gym!

If you have the 80s style baggys, that taper at the ankle, with the American flag or any other strange design on them....please throw them away. You look like an idiot.

Those wearing sunglasses as previously stated or a gangster-like rag on their head should be thrown out head first. You also look like an idiot.

Anyone caught talking on a cell phone in the gym should be asked to leave, and beaten severely if taking up a bench while doing so.

You are also an idiot if you carry around a gallon sized jug of water during your workout. I know you actually think this makes you look like a professional bodybuilder, but do you really think you are going to drink that much water during your workout? A 32 oz bottle will be fine. If you are drinking that much....you are also an idiot.

14. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it!

15. Rich22

Rich22

Wouldn't much like me then, i wear prescription sunglasses pretty much anywhere i cannot control the light level, otherwise most everything is nothing but an eye watering glare fest for me. He may not be doing it for any other reason then he cannot see well without them, but then again you never know

Rich

16. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

But you have a reason for it, and you are not wearing $8 gas station sunglasses either. :)

17. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

I'm still laughing at all the chicks who come to the gym looking for a hookup rather than to get buff. It's like they are paying their monthly fee to meet guys at the gym. Some of the stuff they wear are a joke.

Now I remember why I don't belong to a gym anymore. I can always ignore the idiots who honk at me while I'm running.

18. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

When I was doing asphalt work for a summer there was one of the guys that would honk at jogging girls all the time. One day there was a good looking woman jogging along and he toots the horn again so I asked him why he does it. His response, they wouldn't be wearing the bra only or bra and little tank top if they didn't watn the attention. At this point I reponded with something like "So the fact that's it's 80 to 95 degrees during the summer and that brusied chests hurt have nothing to do with it?" He stopped honking the horn at jogging girls when I was in the truck. ;f

BTW, I do look when I see a jogging woman, but I don't stare and I certainly don't honk.

Cheers!
    Glen

19. mmorgret

mmorgret

I work out at the YMCA in the morning, between 8-10am. All the old people are there using the machines with 10 pounds waiting 10 seconds between reps and there is nobody there to spot me on the free weights so I suffer.

20. JayAK

JayAK

I agree with everything but the water comment, I drink a gallon of water when I go to the gym but then again I am there for 2hrs min.....

Hydration is key when taking certain....."supps"