1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mentally Frozen
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
That is the story of my iPad. I uses USB-C for the charger port and that should be an improvement over USB-mini or USB-micro but it doesn't seem to be. Especially in low light. Just finding the port on the iPad is a PITA! It's right there on the side, how hard can it be? Plenty!

On my Android cell phone, I used a felt marker on one side of the plug. When I hold the device horizontal with the screen up, the marked side of the plug should be showing.

·
Mentally Frozen
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My cell phone and tablet are the same way.

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,517 Posts
Dilbert is an odd addiction for me. I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I read them.

V.
Laugh while crying?

Reactions: Ramjet38

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
That is the story of my iPad. I uses USB-C for the charger port and that should be an improvement over USB-mini or USB-micro but it doesn't seem to be. Especially in low light. Just finding the port on the iPad is a PITA! It's right there on the side, how hard can it be? Plenty!

On my Android cell phone, I used a felt marker on one side of the plug. When I hold the device horizontal with the screen up, the marked side of the plug should be showing.
I don't have that problem with my Surface Pro (5) or Go they each take their own proprietary charger (Each different)

My Windows Phone was years ahead with the USB-C, and the extra goodness is you don't have all those annoying updates since Microsoft virtually dropped all support for Windows Phones. Additionally you don't have to update the Apps you don't have, Apps come in Android or iPhone variety not Windows, so you are not bothered by that with a Windows Phone

I paid for my phone and when it dies for good, then and only then will I "Upgrade". It will likely be transformative then, but I will wait and see.

I do like Surface Tablets though. Just like using Windows, Though Win 10 aggravates me at times. Not easy to program a App like Apples are, but I don't need any stinking Apps, I have already proved that to myself.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
I have a pair of those exact headphones.
Me too!

What iPad are you talking about. I have no such trouble with any of them. And USB C plugs in either direction. No need to mark anything.

I find USB C to be a huge improvement, unlike this POS
IMG_1183.JPG

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Then there's my danged Canon PowerShot 780is digital camera that has a mini-USB port for offloading pix. While plugged in for downloading content to my computer, only the camera's battery is being used. There is NO CHARGING of the phone, so the battery is running down if you forget to turn the camera off... which I do a lot. I have three batteries, so I pop the current weak one out and into a separate charger and put a charged battery into the camera... repeat... over and over... PITA!
The danged camera is plugged into a power source through the USB port, but doesn't use the power available!
Last Christmas I bought a new laptop after much research and I wanted a "C" port, but have nothing with that connector and it was more important to have a laptop with a DVD drive and CD R/W capability. I also wanted USB3.1. I had to forgo the C-port, but bought a USB3 SuperSpeed 11-port HUB... much easier to use with lighted and switched ports and 4 dedicated for power only and high power... much easier to use as I can see the port and orient my cable for plugging it in. That gives me more capability and simplifies plugging a bunch of crap into the laptop... as my drive caddy with 2.5" and 3.5" docks. My last laptop had eSATA and USB2.0, so I had to get an eSATA to USB3.0 cable for the dock so that I could address my old SSD's and HHD's.
SOMEDAY, after there's an even better newer cable plug, I'll probably have something with the "new" C-cable/plug. :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I bought adapter cards and a BUNCH of different USB3.0 cables... that I didn't need... like yours and more... had to have the pretty new BLUE cables.
I think that I have one thing that used that particular plug... yeah... a real POS! I think that there SEVERAL different plugs other than the regular USB2-looking ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts