Summit Gunbroker anybody?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Hogpauls, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

I know I've seen the question before here but my search skills are lacking.
    Anybody use them to purchase a firearm? Their prices look pretty reasonable, new G20 for $510 and add $65 for night sights.

2. Marc1956

Marc1956 CLM #66

Excellent service and price! I'm ordering from Mark in the next few minutes! You will not be unhappy at all. Good luck!:wavey:

3. tango44

tango44

Nice guys to deal with, never had a problem with them.

4. jmorri30

jmorri30

I talked with Mark a couple times over e-mail and he was quick to respond and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to get something from them.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff

Just got one of the used gen 3 Glock 17s. Works great

6. Thiokol

Thiokol

I always wanted a 2nd generation G-19. So, based on all of the good things that I heard about Summit, I recently bought a police trade in 2nd generation G-19 from them. Their service & communication was quick and the shipping was reasonable. Unfortunately, I was not happy with the condition of the gun.

The picture posted in their ad showed a gun in reasonable condition. What I received was a gun with most of the finish on the slide gone and the interior of the frame was filthy. For $395.00 delivered, I would have expected it to have been gone over before putting it up for sale.

Rather than returning it, I chose to keep it and sent it to Glock to have it spruced up. Thankfully, they didn't charge me for the work so I'm only out the cost of shipping it to Glock.

7. BOGE

BOGE Millennium Member

Mark is a one man operation therefore he doesn´t have time to clean all the guns. Besides, a monkey could clean a Glock. Quit whining. :wavey:

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I've bought over 10 guns from Mark Kitterman over the past 5 years. Never had a problem with any gun. He is honest.

Catch is, hunting season the guy is OUT OF THERE! :) So don't even expect a callback or anything similar during those times.

'Drew

9. Thiokol

Thiokol

I'm not whining and it's really none of your business anyway. You didn't see the condition of the gun, especially the slide, so keep your smart *** comments to yourself. The OP asked for comments and I gave mine. Do you have a problem with that?

I did clean it but I don't have the capability of refinishing the slide. That's why I sent it to Glock.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  10. robotoid

robotoid

I've bought 2 guns from him. Both had minor flaws that I could live with for the prices I paid. My S&W 681 had hand engraved PD markings on the backstrap hidden under the grips. I was able to grind/sand/polish them out for the most part. It was also filthy/uncleaned on delivery. My HK USPc came with one of the mag baseplates broken/sheared off to the point it rendered the magazine unusable. I was ordering and putting on flat baseplates anyways. It was clean and heavillyyyyy oiled. On the HK, I emailed a few questions about condition before committing to buy that were promptly and accurately described (on delivery).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  11. k80clay

k80clay

Bought a Pt111 Pro for the wife from Mark a while back. Talked to him on the phone to buy it. Nice guy. Gun was shipped quick, responded to my two e-mails in between in a friendly manner - not the "don't F'n bother me" manner you get from some guys. Like others, gun was filthy (was a confiscated gun) when I got it, but at almost half price, I didn't care. Cleaned up in 10 minutes. Would deal with again.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  12. lfd1

lfd1 Downtown Member

I took a chance on a police trade in from Summit. It arrived with rust in the barrel. By comparison to my other Glock's, this gun had been carried alot with many rounds down the barrel. I promptly sent it back to Glock for a major tune up.
    That being said, I am satisfied with my experience and would do business again with Mark at Summit.

13. Thiokol

Thiokol

Don't get me wrong, I would buy from him again. I was merely disappointed that the picture in his post wasn't anywhere close to the pistol that I received. I realize that it's impossible to post a picture of every G-19 that he had but I think that it may have been better to post a picture of the worst one that he had along with a statement that the one that you will actually receive will be in equal or better condition.

14. rsxr22

rsxr22

had great success. I think some people that are disatisfied think they are just getting the deal of a lifetime. Much like most things, you get what you pay for. What baffles me is why people spent the money and time sending stuff off to glock. Tune ups are simple and cheap and new barrels are relatively cheap compared to the factory ones and offer tighter lockup which increases accuracy and allows you to shoot lead. And as far as refinishing goes, theres many many places that do it and i think even one of the more expensive ones (robar) would be cheaper than glock. There is a guy on these forums doing refinishing for $45 and has had all great feedback

15. Special Reserve

Special Reserve

I've bought from Mark twice and I was very happy. A glock 23 about 3 years ago and a glock 20sf just this past Jan. Goodguy to deal with. I find myself checking his site alot.

16. Thiokol

Thiokol

Glock refinished the slide, replaced all of the internals, replaced the worn mag with a new one, and shipped it back in a new clamshell case. They charged me nothing so it doesn't get any cheaper than that.

17. J_Rico

J_Rico

Bought a handful of guns from Mark at Summit. The only time I had even a minor issue he bent over backwards to make it right.

Already planning to order my birthday gift from him.

18. 17z

17z

Mark had a Ruger GP100 4 inch fixed sighted one that was a confiscated gun and I asked my dealer[ffl] if he could order it for me and he did and it was in overnight and to me 3 days later after the ffl dealer had the scratches removed.off the gun for an extra $40.00. Mark gets some nice but some dirty guns in that dont take to long to clean. 17z

19. jdmb03

jdmb03

Mark is a good guy.

20. rsxr22

rsxr22

touche! It indeed does not get better than that! I eat my words lol