Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I don’t do the carry rotation thing. For years my EDC was a G19. When we moved to Texas a few years ago I felt it was best to give up my G19 for a couple of months in the summer for a G43 in the pocket. Shorts and T-shirt weather. This summer when it really gets hot I think I will go back to basics and carry a S&W 442 along with a couple of speed strips. I‘m retired now and don’t get out as much as I used to. The 442 might just become my year round EDC. My house gun is generally the same as my carry gun. I shoot a j-frame well. I don’t think I will miss night sights. In the past I was never a big fan of pocket carry. But to steal a line, the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun. When running out for a pick up dinner it’s a lot more convenient to slip a gun in your pocket than to strap one on. Looking forward to some comments. Thanks.

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,555 Posts
I carry a Beretta Pico most days in the summer. It’s reliable and tiny. .380 is fine for my purposes. Your mileage may vary.

·
Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect
6,727 Posts
Beretta 81 IWB and a P32 pocket carry as a “spare mag“
I know they are 32acp but easy to carry and conceal, not very loud and very accurate for me

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention, I have a cheesy Uncle Mike’s pocket holster that I’m not all that comfortable with. I have Kramer horsehide pocket holster on order. They are several weeks out but it should be here before it gets really hot.

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
i've pretty much gone to carrying my s&w637 most days, a bodyguard 380 when i need something smaller. it's been a few years since i carried my g36 regularly. i would like to pick up another single stack nine since selling my cm9.... that was a nice easy carry gun, i'd say that was a great summer carry.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
LCP rides in a front pocket most summer days, and I usually carry 2 spare mags, too. Sometimes I carry my SR9c, but only if I can layer up, which isn't comfortable when it's hot. I understand its far from ideal, but I'm practicing with it more these days, and at typical self-defense distances, it's not that difficult to shoot. Since I reload for it, ammo cost is not an issue. I will say that anyone carrying a micro 380 needs to practice with it. That goes for every gun, but these guns aren't exactly fun to shoot, so they tend to get neglected at the range.

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
4,325 Posts
My EDC is a G27.3, but I'll admit that I switch to a G43 when it gets hot. That's coming shortly.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
When I'm at home I'm usually carrying a 442 in my pocket. Most comfortable and I hardly notice it's there

·
Registered
590 Posts
First of all, I don’t do the carry rotation thing. For years my EDC was a G19. When we moved to Texas a few years ago I felt it was best to give up my G19 for a couple of months in the summer for a G43 in the pocket. Shorts and T-shirt weather. This summer when it really gets hot I think I will go back to basics and carry a S&W 442 along with a couple of speed strips. I‘m retired now and don’t get out as much as I used to. The 442 might just become my year round EDC. My house gun is generally the same as my carry gun. I shoot a j-frame well. I don’t think I will miss night sights. In the past I was never a big fan of pocket carry. But to steal a line, the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun. When running out for a pick up dinner it’s a lot more convenient to slip a gun in your pocket than to strap one on. Looking forward to some comments. Thanks.
Summertime I switch between a S&W 640 Pro Series and a Glock 43, based on clothing of the day. Although this Covid-19 summer I may carry the Glock 19x or Sig P226 (my winter pistols) if I’m in the big city for work.

·
Registered
323 Posts
In summertime wearing shorts and t shirt, for me it’s a hellcat or xds mod 2 45 in muddy river tactical iwb leather appendix. Wearing jeans and t shirt I will carry my Glock 19.4 also appendix in a muddy river tactical iwb leather. Usually wearing a heavy duty belt with jeans so it holds up the extra weight of the 19. If I’m staying at home working around my property I carry owb any of the already mentioned pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
560 Posts
its always summer in AZ. I have been carrying a Springfield EMP 9mm in the hotter months. I sold that gun to get a Dan Wesson 1911, so it is an RMR'd glock 19 until I find a smaller hot weather carry gun.
A855919C-F22C-436A-A509-D2EB45560805_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: Big1
1 - 20 of 45 Posts