Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the barrel hood contouring on the 19C something new they're doing, or something only done on C models? I don't think I've ever seen that before.
It's only on the Gen4 19C. Still can't quite figure out what exactly the purpose of it is.

It's cut almost like a "ramp", and gets shallower as it gets closer to the feed ramp side of the chamber.

·
Crusty Member
11,210 Posts
It's only on the Gen4 19C. Still can't quite figure out what exactly the purpose of it is.

It's cut almost like a "ramp", and gets shallower as it gets closer to the feed ramp side of the chamber.
I'm guessing its done to reduce the contact area (and friction) between the barrel hood and inside of the slide, perhaps to insure reliable function with weaker ammo.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Congratulations...

Reactions: Jsferrazza

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
The congratulations comes when I tell you how much I paid for this one...

$491 on Gunbroker! Penny auction with no reserve. :supergrin:
I can't believe that these C models and FS models are being sold sooo cheap now. I bet people will be crying later when they are no longer available and going for a pretty penny.

Reactions: Jsferrazza
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.