GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Ha-Ha....my little boat ain't near that class, but same idea. In the spring when the salmon and trout are biting, or early summer when the bass are hammering everything tossed into the water, I gots all kinda' "friends". Come time to pull things out and get ready for winter, all the sudden they are wicked "busy" with other stuff.
Yeah, I’ve had that problem too. Those are the kind of people I only take once.

·
The Kindly Curmudgeon
3,798 Posts
So much for the hard freeze that was forecast. It's 47F and clear. Nice moon out. It is a bit colder in surrounding areas though.

WTH? I think my 47F thermometer is broken. Another one says 32F now and another one says 34F. It did feel a bit nippy when I went outside.

Edited at 8AM

·
Navy Veteran
5,326 Posts
lv.JPG
In Vegas, you know it’s fall, when it gets below 90 and the wimmin’s break the Ugg’s out.
We missed the races last weekend, but we are paid up for next year. Maybe we could go out and tip a few. We stay at Southpoint, away from all the Hubdub! We fly SW out of KC, a little over two hours, faster going back. LV got their second race last year in September, scheduled for midday. It was so hot, no one in stands. Fans said they weren't coming back. LV and Nascar rescheduled for later in the day this year. Still hot, but at least you are not sitting in the direct sun. I know we look stupid, but spectators were taking their hotel towels in bathrooms and getting them wet so you could stand the heat in the stands.

·
Sneet
15,548 Posts
View attachment 841112
We missed the races last weekend, but we are paid up for next year. Maybe we could go out and tip a few. We stay at Southpoint, away from all the Hubdub! We fly SW out of KC, a little over two hours, faster going back. LV got their second race last year in September, scheduled for midday. It was so hot, no one in stands. Fans said they weren't coming back. LV and Nascar rescheduled for later in the day this year. Still hot, but at least you are not sitting in the direct sun. I know we look stupid, but spectators were taking their hotel towels in bathrooms and getting them wet so you could stand the heat in the stands.
I’m in. Let me know when you are in. One of my best friends, is Chief Pilot for South Point.

·
****** Viejo
28,787 Posts
Autumn starts for me when I put on long pants, break out the sweatshirts and turn the furnace on. That was this morning. I can't wait until the leaves begin to change colors. tom. :cowboy:

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
That's a nice size boat, I've wanted one for years. There are a few here in the neighborhood that never move.

I want one for fall salmon fishing Up North Michigan river systems. The guys on the water do better than the ones on the shore.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Next week we're looking at 60's to 70. Still holding out hope and plan to play some golf at least next week.

For me, when it dips below 50 for the high, or gale force winds in the 50's is my limit.

Every week I delay "winter", the less time I have to wait for spring. And here (like there), it's a looooong wait for spring.

By the way, nice boat! I really like those Lund boats.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Get some High Density Polyethene for the trailer bunks and it will slide off without water.
hdpe.jpg

41 - 49 of 49 Posts