GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
NRA Member
2,426 Posts
To me, fall is officially here when I have to get out the flannel shirts.

I'm heading to Guntersville Sunday to bass fish for a week and when I get back it's time to get on the water here until they pull the docks at the lake....normally in mid November.

·
Native Mainiac
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm too smart to have a boat, ;) and even smarter to have a best friend with a boat, and he moves his boat to the Florida Atlantic coast or Cancun for the winter, and we fish down there. :dancingbanana:
Ha-Ha....my little boat ain't near that class, but same idea. In the spring when the salmon and trout are biting, or early summer when the bass are hammering everything tossed into the water, I gots all kinda' "friends". Come time to pull things out and get ready for winter, all the sudden they are wicked "busy" with other stuff.

·
Navy Veteran
5,268 Posts
Nice boat. I winterized my little fishing boat last week. Weather will be colder with rain with only a few days to fish. I just bought a new Tacoma, and they don’t want you pulling a trailer for the first 500 miles anyway.

·
Sneet
15,303 Posts
Had to cut summer short this year. Due to dry weather, the lake is a couple feet low, and didn't want to risk having a real problem getting the boat onto the trailer. I use an old road that goes into the lake to launch and pull my boat.
The campground at the other end of the lake has a gravel ramp, and I would scuttle my boat before paying to use that. Besides, doubt if it is in much better shape.

I have a bunk trailer, but thinking of putting roller on next spring to make shallow water launching and landing a little easier. I was able to land the boat in low water that wouldn't cover th bunks, but it would be impossible to launch it....the winch doesn't "push" worth a dang.

I'll still canoe or kayak until ice -in, but for me, this signals end of summer.

What is your event that makes the season change to fall??

View attachment 840692
Rich people problems.

I really dig the shark mouth.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I’ll know summer is over when I can turn off the A/C and open up the house. 87* today but the weather guessers say a cold front is coming so maybe soon.

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
Winter cover on the pool. Pump shut off.
Ah, blessed silence.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Pulled battery from the toon and then went and sat in a tree bow hunting.

Reactions: orangejeep06

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Won't be long and you can play with your ice hole.
Yeah probably in about three weeks or so,lol. It’s starting to get darn cool at nite, heck we had our first serious snow in October last year and it snowed up into May of this year. :fist:

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Ha-Ha....my little boat ain't near that class, but same idea. In the spring when the salmon and trout are biting, or early summer when the bass are hammering everything tossed into the water, I gots all kinda' "friends". Come time to pull things out and get ready for winter, all the sudden they are wicked "busy" with other stuff.
I love your boat! Time on the water is special time. And we both know that a bad day fishing beats a good day at work. Captaining your own ride is a bonus.

I hear you about "fair weather friends." They're all over you when game fish are running. OTOH, when there's work to be done...radio silence.

I think I've earned my ride by putting over two decades of sweat-equity into engine, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems design, construction, repair and maintenance. I think this because in return my friend is so generous toward me that I have never once had to reach for my credit card when we tied up at the fuel dock with 600 gallons of air where diesel fuel needs to be.

We're in drydock in the mid-Atlantic now undergoing some heavy maintenance, refits and modernizations. We need to winterize the fresh and raw water systems to prevent freeze damage. When we look for volunteers, we're met with nothing crickets. I guess I'll be busy for a couple of upcoming weekends. That's what genuine friends do.

DON'T FORGET TO WINTERIZE!

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
When I can leave my windows open in the evening and I start making soups and chili. We're a long ways away from that considering it's still 104 here.

·
NRA Benefactor
7,186 Posts
It was 59 this morning and hit 76 this afternoon. I spent the day bass fishing wearing shorts and even did a little wading when I got tired of riding around in the boat.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
102 on my drive home today from work (tucson).

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
When temps in Tucson drop below ~95 I switch from vodka tonic to St James Gate beer. :D

21 - 40 of 49 Posts