Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is my first summer with my CCW. I have mine on my waste inside my belt on my back, an it worked all winter. Now that summer is here not so much. I have a feeling its the cheep holster I am use. Is there some thing out there that breaths more? I don't like the the wetness on my back an I don't want to rust the gun.

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
I am in Central FL and wear year round a M-Tac, Wilderness 5 Stitch, and G19/23. Jeans or Cargo Shorts and T-Shirt or Polo. The Glock is not going to rust if you wipe it down every now and then. The leather will just break in more.

It only gets real bad when I run it at IDPA in Aug. 5-6 hours out in the Sun. When I get done sweat is dripping off the pistol and the shirt is drenched.

Maybe someone can recommend for SOB carry.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,572 Posts
Ok so this is my first summer with my CCW. I have mine on my waste inside my belt on my back, an it worked all winter. Now that summer is here not so much. I have a feeling its the cheep holster I am use. Is there some thing out there that breaths more? I don't like the the wetness on my back an I don't want to rust the gun.
If it's a Glock you won't have to worry about rust.

Have you considered an undershirt between the gun/holster and your body?

Leather?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not a glock its a 1911. An as far as the undershirt wont that just make me hotter an sweat more? I mean I can do it but I am just not the under shirt kind of guy, but maybe I should change that.

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
Its not a glock its a 1911. An as far as the undershirt wont that just make me hotter an sweat more? I mean I can do it but I am just not the under shirt kind of guy, but maybe I should change that.
I don't wear an undershirt either but you might want to try something like an Under Armour shirt that is designed to breath and be worn as an undershirt for athletics. For $25 might be worth a try.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...17&cp=2367438.2367454.2791768.2791769.2806388

1 - 6 of 6 Posts