Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add to my G19.5 for CCW. I conceal the 19 pretty well in winter clothes (jeans and a sweatshirt) but I am looking for something where I can hide the grip a little better in a T-Shirt. At the range to day I rented the G43, G43x, G48, and G26 (all of which I had shot before).

The 43 is way too small. I felt like it was going to fly out of my hand. The 26 was a little better, but still a little short, and I think the single stack would be better for summer carry.

I shot the 48 & 43x really well and they felt good in my hand, almost as good as the 19. I was nearly as accurate with each, the 48 may have been ever so slightly more accurate, but not statistically noticeably.

I went to the range today expecting to walk out having made a purchase, but I can't decided between the 43x or the 48, but then I worry that I am not solving my grip print problem and should just get a 43 or 26. Does anyone have any advantages or disadvantages of one over the other?

Extra info: 6'0" 240lbs that I carry well. I carry at 3:30-4:30 depending on the pants. I have tried appendix and my gut gets in the way. Once I get back to my fighting weight I will give it a try again.

TL: DR

Trying to decide between a 48 or 43x or 43 or 26 for an addition the the 19.5. Prefer the longer grip of the 43x and 48, but worry about printing like my 19 Need help deciding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 711756

Get one. You’ll thank me later.

Ok ok. Seriousness. I bought a 48. Realized if carried just the same as the 19, just a little thinner. Printed (or didn’t) just the same as the 19.

Sold the 48. Stick to the 19 or 43 if I am carrying a semiauto.
Is that the LCR? I shot one the other day. Nice little revolver. Looking to stay in the Glock family though.

·
Heart of the Rockies
2,491 Posts
In my experience, transitioning to a thinner pistol really does help with concealment and comfort, even if the overall footprint is about the same. I’d choose the G43x over the G48 because, if you’re going to go smaller, you might as well go smaller.

Also, with the smaller slide of the G43x, up you can play around with holster height a little more. For example, you might find that a lower riding holster is more comfortable, prints less, and conceals better.

The P365XL may be a good option, as you can get a full grip on it, and it has a shorter height than the G43x/48, but sticking to a pistol with the same controls and grip angle as your primary carry is probably more valuable than saving three tenths of an inch.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I found that I concealed a G19 just as easy as a G26.

I never cared for the G43.

If I was going to add a gun that I could use in a pocket holster or an IWB that would clip onto drawstring gym pants......I'd get a P365 in a Kydex holster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The P365XL may be a good option, as you can get a full grip on it, and it has a shorter height than the G43x/48, but sticking to a pistol with the same controls and grip angle as your primary carry is probably more valuable than saving three tenths of an inch.
I have shot the P365XL a couple of times and just don't like the way it feels. I just seem to shoot Glocks better than anything else I have put in my hand.

·
Registered
16,509 Posts
Is that the LCR? I shot one the other day. Nice little revolver. Looking to stay in the Glock family though.
That looks like a SW 442; not even the same make as an LCR

As someone who lives where its Summer all year, where lots of people carry decent sized pistols year-round , I have never understood the whole " Summer carry " thing....

With the right rig you can carry your Gen 5 G-19 year round....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks like a SW 442; not even the same make as an LCR
You are correct, twice. because that is also what I shot the other day. I mean I shot both, but I was thinking of the S&W. New to this whole revolver thing.

With the right rig you can carry your Gen 5 G-19 year round....
Yeah, I live in a city that is one of the least gun friendly in a state that is one of the least gun friendly. I worry about printing when around town and having someone freak out. I conceal the 19 with a jacket or sweatshirt without issue. With t-shirts I see it, but no one pays attention. Maybe I am too worried.

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
You are correct, twice. because that is also what I shot the other day. I mean I shot both, but I was thinking of the S&W. New to this whole revolver thing.

Yeah, I live in a city that is one of the least gun friendly in a state that is one of the least gun friendly. I worry about printing when around town and having someone freak out. I conceal the 19 with a jacket or sweatshirt without issue. With t-shirts I see it, but no one pays attention. Maybe I am too worried.
Unless your gun is actually accidentally exposed (and that can happen regardless of what gun you're carrying), no one is going to be sure what's under your shirt. Unless printing breaks some law in your state, I'd say stick with the G19. Unless you're just looking for an excuse to buy another gun, of course. In that case, I can't offer any advice since I've never handled either of the guns you are considering.

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts
Just carry the G19. Nobody is paying any attention.
^This^
I carry a G23 every day. Shorts and T shirt all the way to a suit. I don't alternate, rotate, have a summer or winter carry or any of that stuff.
If you don't think it will work on a BG wearing a t shirt to a winter coat, then you might be carrying the wrong thing.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
While I agree most people are oblivious to guns carried and concealed or printing I have been in a number of shall we say less permissible environments and this is where pocket carry rules. Can tuck
In a shirt and if your radar goes up can stick a hand in the pocket and acquire a grip with no one noticing. Yes it results in a smaller gun with lower capacity and likely smaller caliber but with practice can be shot very effectively. My preferred pocket carry is a Ruger lcp 2. In loose swim
Trunks no shirt at all still there and concealed.
I have even taken a swim with the gun in the pocket and with a field strip and wipe down was fine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
OP, you sound like me. I carry a 19 and can conceal it very well in winter type clothing, button up shirts and some t-shirts with graphics or pattern. I chose the 43X for carry in summer months when I’m mostly wearing t-shirts. If you can conceal a 19 well the 48 and 43X shouldn’t be a problem with the right holster and shirts. Since you seem to shoot both equally well, sounds like you can’t go wrong with either.

SO91B

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.