close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Summer barbeque recipes

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Glockerel, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

Dead forum? I hope not!

Lets all submit our favorite grill/smoker recipes and have a delicious summer.
    Here's one I did two weeks ago and it rocked!

Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos

Split as many jalapenos you need lenghtwise and scoop out the seeds. Leave the veins if you love them hot.
    Mix 2 blocks cream cheese with 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp chili powder. Push this filling in the pepper cavity. Wrap a piece of bacon around it, starting at one end and finishing at the other.
    I put these in the top shelf of the grill and in about 25 minutes they were done. Holy cow, these are addictive!

2. Fireman64

Fireman64 REALIST

Glockeral
    Those sound excellant I will be trying them asap.

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Oooh! That sounds so good:)

4. Penman

Penman Goauche User

For an easy vegetable dish to accompany your grilled meats, take some zucchini or yellow squash, split lengthwise. Brush all over with olive oil or toasted sesame oil, season with seasoning salt and a little chili powder. Place on the hot grill, cut side down. When the cut side has been well marked by the grill, turn over and cook until soft. If you want to grill some onions, take some large round onions and run a bamboo skewer through it sideways, then cut about a 1/2" slice with the skewer in it. This will keep the rings together while it grills. Season the same way as the squash.

For quick seafood, alternate scallops with lime wedges on skewers, or wrap the scallops in bacon strips on skewers.

5. noway

noway

Smoked onions on the side.

Here's something that you can cook when BBQing or Smoking your favorite meats.

Take a medium to small onion ( white/yellow/Vidalia whatever ) core out about 1/2" from one side after peeling the outer skin from the onion.

Scope a teaspoon of butter in the cored end. Wrapped in aluminum and set them on the grill.

Takes about 30mins for them to really soften up and taste very, very good. Easy todo and requires not skills/time/effort. The heat cooks the onions and butter provide a good taste.

6. VinniefromNY

VinniefromNY MyOhMy

Take a filet of your favorite fish. Slice it down the middle the full length of the filet. Do not cut so deep as to separate the filet into 2 pieces, just enough to open the filet like a book.

Spread lots of butter (or margarine, or Country Crock, etc), Lawry's Seasoned Salt, Cinnamon, Oregano or Italian Seasoning mix, a few drops of lemon and a pinch of Allspice all over the flesh of the fish. Wrap filet in aluminum foil, place on grill for approximately 15 minutes, turn fish over, another 15 minutes on that side, and voila!!!

You will have some of the moistest, most flavorful fish you evah tasted. Works particularly well with salmon....

p.s: Change spices as you see fit. This is what I put on my fish...

7. Fireman64

Fireman64 REALIST

With the warm weather right around the corner lets get this thread back to the top...
    Does anyone here use tin foil to cook veggies on the grill?

8. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

veggie basket it's kind of a flat diamond screen with handles.

It keeps your veggies from falling through.

9. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

Take a few large onions peel & cut into rings, or strips.
    Place on a large sheet of thick tin foil, SMOTHER in TABASCO, close up. Place on Barbeque for 30-45 mins (the longer the better) halfway through turn over and punch some holes in foil.
    Eat, enjoy.

10. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

1 tablespoon of ceyenne-red- pepper
    3 tablespoons of salt
    8oz warm water

put in a squeeze bottle shake to disolve

squirt on your steaks as you put them on the grill
    repeat on the other side

the show I saw served them by cutting strips from the outside of the steak on bread-the rest of the steak was returned to the grill to finish cooking.

11. Elk-ruser

Elk-ruser EMT-B IV

NOWAY- same recipe only add a boulion cube to top of the butter...MMMMM!

OK, I'm hungry now!

Erik