close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suggestions wanted for G34 Gen 4 for IDPA

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Data9, Nov 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Data9

Data9

I just picked up a Glock 34 Gen 4 on Black Glock Friday as my CMas present from me to me. Since I plan to use this for local IDPA shooting I would really like to hear from other Glockers on what they have modified or added to their Glocks for IDPA. I have some ideas but I value the opinions of others who have gone before me. One question in particular . . . are Meprolight Tru-Dot Adjustable Night Sights allowed? Also, what holsters do others prefer for IDPA? Thanks guys and Merry CMas (or Happy Holiday of your choice) to everyone!

2. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

If you're using it for IDPA get yourself a set of either Warren/Sevigny or Dawson sights. You won't need night sights for IDPA. I use a fiber optic front.

Blade-Tech holster.

3. Facejackets

Facejackets

This.

4. wagonm

wagonm

I put a TruGlo TFO on the G19 which I use for IDPA, the FO will be good for during the day and the Tritium helps when I leave it in the night stand. I like it coz it serves dual purpose, but that's just me.

On rig, I have been using a Blackhawk CQC Serpa, but I'm just too much a leather person that I've ordered a straight drop "TFS" from Overland, will be here by late Jan. This is the TFS for your ref: http://overlandgunleather.com/Documents/TFS-P7M8.jpg

5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I like Warren Sevigny sights, but pretty much any notch/post sight is legal.

For holsters, the BladeTech StingRay belt holster is very popular. For mag pouches, some get the double (together) pouches, I find they place the mags too close together... the second one interferes while I'm grabbing the first. I turned all my buddies on to the Ready Tactical pouches, get them from here:
    http://www.cpwsa.com/ready_tactical.htm

A Ghost Rocket 3.5 kit (with springs) goes a long way too.

6. Data9

Data9

Ron 59 . . . I have to say I really like the mag pouches in the Ready Tactical link that you posted. Thanks, I can see me using those for my regular EDC. And WagonM . . . I too like a beautiful well-crafted leather holster but I find myself using a Blackhawk Serpa for my EDC Glock 26. Of course the Glock 34 will work with the Glock 26 Serpa holster, just has a lot of gun sticking out the bottom. Now off to check out those Warren/Sevigny and Dawson sights . . .

7. sciolist

sciolist

I agree with Ron.

The Dawson .205 front prints better for me. I like the B/T single mag pouches for IDPA (CR for USPSA).

You might also want to try grip tape, may want to do the trigger (Vanek) and recoil spring if you're shooting reloads.

8. samuse

samuse

I like Wilderness Tactical belts (1 3/4" CSM), a straight drop Comp-Tac for a holster and mag holders, and Ameriglo DeFoors for sights.

I usually shoot Federal American Eagle 124 or Winchester NATO in my Gen4 19, but I use WWB 115 in my 3rd gens.

9. IlliniGlocker

IlliniGlocker

the G34 Gen 4 is still not on the USPSA list, FYI.

10. SARDG

SARDG

I also have TFOs that I use in IDPA and other competition - though many would suggest they are NOT good competition sights. We have IDPA night-shoots which are unusual. If you have night-shoots, TFOs would be the ONLY way to go - IMHO, but YMMV. (Disclaimers because people will invariably voice their discontent with TFOs.)

You didn't say if you are a girl or a boy :) - but probably a boy. Asking because holster rules are entirely different for females and I use a BladeTech drop and offset. Serpa and iTac have been banned at our club and may likely eventually be banned worldwide. In Florida this season alone, we have had three ADs with injuries from retention holsters.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  11. dvrdwn72

dvrdwn72

My advice 2 you if your doing idpa is don't get a serpa holster, they will soon be illegal in idpa. I would go with truglo tfo's for sights as you might do some low light stages at the club level. Check out cwpsa.com, Chris is very helpful when trying to decide what to get. The bladetec holster is a very good choice. As far as trigger work all you need is wolf compition springs and a ghost rocket.

12. Data9

Data9

Wow! I love my Serpa holster for concealed carry. What's the deal? Am I going to have to stock up on holsters and hide them away?

13. SARDG

SARDG

IF they become illegal in IDPA, no amount of stock will help you. Not saying they will be generally illegal.

14. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Yeah, I don't think an IDPA ruling will cause them to stop making the Serpa holsters. Not many people use a Serpa in IDPA. That was my first holster and I shot IDPA with it a few times.... changed that in a hurry as I felt having to depress the release slowed down my draw just a hair. I use a Blade Tech for IDPA/USPSA now.

At the same time, I like the Serpa holsters for non-competition use. I have one for my G26 and my G30SF. Very secure and I have no problem with the release.

15. LuckyG

LuckyG

If using the G34 for IDPA, just be aware that night sights (on any gun) really suck outdoors with the sun bouncing off the sights. Granted, it depends on the angle of the sun as well. May-September we shoot weekly at our LGC and the sun is directly behind us, low in the sky. It just LOVES to dance off of those glass vials.

However, most of my guns are carry and that's the trade off. I just replaced the factory adjustables on my new Gen4 G34 with Warren Tactical & .245 front - black & black. Great sight picture.

16. amazon

amazon

G34 gen 4 with Dawson fibre optic sights. Love the set up. I use a Bladetec DOH, Comp-tec belt & dual mag holder. My other half uses a bladetec (not a DOH) and is quite happy with it.

17. jamesbern

jamesbern

I went back to stock sights on my 34. I didn't like the TFOs for some reason. Running Comp-tac belt holster and double mag pouches on a Wilderness Tactical Easy Fit Instructor belt. I haven't shot IDPA yet, but this setup is legal for it. I also added grip tape and a Glockworx competition spring kit to my 34.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Data9

Data9

Nice pictures!!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a Bladetech holster for IDPA. I'm glad I can keep my Serpa holster for concealed carry. I was sweatin' bullets for a bit when I misunderstood and thought they were going to take away Serpa holsters.

I'm really looking at the Meprolight Adjustable Night Sights, because this will also be my night time night stand gun. Anyone have any experience with them?

19. Data9

Data9

Trijicon Night Sight Sets for Glock GL01 - $90

BladeTech Dropped & Offset Holster w/SRB Loop - $70

That's a start!

20. SARDG

SARDG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011