close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suggestion for the Clubhouse State forums.....

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by mindonmatter, May 22, 2004.

1. mindonmatter

mindonmatter Who.....me?

Okay, eventually there's going to be a forum for every state. 50 forums are going to make the list of Clubhouse forums very long and annoying to sort through.

Can I suggest that a "Hometown" or "Locals" forum be created and just go ahead and add all 50 states? When you click on the "Hometown" forum, you'll be taken to a list of 50 states that you can choose from.

For example, go to the Tactics and Training forum. When you open it, there is another sub-forum in there. So you would open the "Hometown" forum, and there would be 50 sub-forums inside, one for each state. This would save the main index page from being cluttered with 50 states.

I would also suggest the nicknames for the state forums are dropped, and just give them the name of the actual state instead of "Old Dominion", etc.

Thoughts?

2. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

That is something Eric would have to do himself, and I know he is really swamped right now.

Here's a suggestion for everyone that doesn't want to look at all of our forums. You can subscribe to whatever forums you want to view. Then, when you open up GT, go to User CP and all your forums will be listed there. No need to look at the main page and sort through the forums there. :)

3. mindonmatter

mindonmatter Who.....me?

It's not that I don't want to look at all the forums. I actually do want to look at them all. But sooner or later, when there's 50 states mixed in out of order with all the other clubs, it'll be kind of hard to find what you're looking for. Anyways...just a thought.

4. Glockman67

Glockman67 #29 Supporter

MOM,

When I created the VA forum, I had devised a way to create a subset of the 50 states individual Glock Forums. I suggested "Glockin' USA" as the main front-page category then with the state forums residing within.

Also, the Old Dominion moniker is kinda neat. XX (state abbrev.) Glockers was too plain and unoriginal/uninspired. Anybody can come up with that. Now "Glockers of the Old Dominion" is creative, unique and sets us apart from all the other states. By placing GOTOD as the club name acronym, it gives people the right to wonder what that stands for, thereby increasing further interest into the VA forum. Albeit at the expense of some newbies and to the uninformed who just want to ask a simple question and looking for the "VA" forum.

Ergo, how fun would it be to be a member of the 9mm Club, or the .45 club, or the Knife club? SNOOZER!

[rant mode off]

gman67

5. Skyhook

Skyhook

What's the benefit to having fifty (50) separate stste-kinda rooms? I can see that to enjoy the remarks and thoughts of some folks, I'd need to spend a lot of time searching those fifty (50) little rooms.
    I like the central thing wherein things of interest to TN, for instance, can be shared by/for all. I have noticed that, since I have permits to carry in over 1/2 the nation, almost every thing in the topic field is of interest.. and I cannot be that different, can I?
    Balkanization is great for europe but might not be good for all, I say.

6. mindonmatter

mindonmatter Who.....me?

Thanks to the person that setup the new subforum for the states. MUCH better. The Clubhouse was getting too cluttered.

7. ronin_asano

ronin_asano

it does look better.

i think this would also be a good thing to do with the various 'cartridge' specific forums as well.