close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suggest an internet radio unit?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Atlas, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

I need a good "internet radio" for a friend.

She had this:
    [​IMG]

..but sometimes when the wifi connection is lost it fails to automatically reconnect and the little 2-line display menu is not user-friendly enough for her to deal with.
    Otherwise it works well, for anyone considering such a machine.
    I use it and enjoy it.

Anyone using an online radio they would recommend?

2. captainstormy

captainstormy

If she's into internet radio she seems like the kind of person who likely has a smart phone or tablet.

If so, you could just get a pair of bluetooth speakers.

3. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Logitech Squeezebox

Guarded recommendation, please read the pros and cons.

It also drops the connection once in a while, in fact it dropped a couple of days ago and my wife just mentioned it this morning. All I did was restart it and it connected. I have had to re input the password for the wifi in the past though. Could have been fixed in one of the many updates they push out.

The display is large and easy to see. Once you learn to get around it is pretty fast. You use a large center dial to scroll up and down through lists, options and characters. It has special characters, ^,* etc, numbers and letters, just spin the dial till yours is hilighted and press enter, then spin up or down to the next one. You can search for stations, enter the address, etc.

Sound is good, display is clear and large, the clock is great (IPOD like format and clarity) and it auto dims when you turn the lights out.

There may be better out there but this is what we have and we do continue to use it despite the occasional glitch with the WiFi.