Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. It's been a long time coming but I'm now an actual gun owner of two excellent firearms, a G17 Gen 3 and G17 Gen 5 MOS.

My father has always been involved in firearms which I was automatically a part of, passively. He has now retired and taken all his goodies with him, so now I am left to my own devices.

He owned a Barretta, Sig, M4 Benelli, and a couple S&W. I have had experience with most of them. I am looking forward to learning more about the Glock with everyone here.

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
Welcome to G.T. from southern Illinois. Although I have no experience with the Gen 5, the Gen 3 G-17 is a great gun.

Reactions: Recipe7

·
bene vivere
2,127 Posts
Welcome to GT and congrats on owning two great Glocks! Shoot them and let us know what you think about them.:waving:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to GT and congrats on owning two great Glocks! Shoot them and let us know what you think about them.:waving:
I actually did have an opportunity to shoot with my wife last week. Unfortunately (and very fortunately!) she is a better shot than I am with these Glocks. We do have a gripe, however. The Gen 3 has a Glockworx(ZEV) trigger swap and the Gen 5 is stock. We really dislike the stock Gen 5 trigger. I am in the research stage as to what trigger I will swap it out to. I made a thorough post in the 'Gun Parts and Access' forum if anyone wants to take a look: https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/triggers-apex-zev-overwatch-jg-help-me-decide.1826266/

Thanks in advance!

·
M62/76
12,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Richmond, Va- congrats on the latest acquisitions

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,791 Posts
Enjoy GT:welcome:

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Greetings everyone. It's been a long time coming but I'm now an actual gun owner of two excellent firearms, a G17 Gen 3 and G17 Gen 5 MOS.

My father has always been involved in firearms which I was automatically a part of, passively. He has now retired and taken all his goodies with him, so now I am left to my own devices.

He owned a Barretta, Sig, M4 Benelli, and a couple S&W. I have had experience with most of them. I am looking forward to learning more about the Glock with everyone here.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
G17s are a great place to start ones Glock addiction.
Welcome to GT!

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,631 Posts
Greetings

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Hello and Welcome.