close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Successful hog hunt

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by JD HHI 6092, Sep 27, 2003.

1. JD HHI 6092

JD HHI 6092

Went on a pig hunt a few months back and I took this little guy with my Thompson Center Contender w/ SSK custom 375 JDJ barrel. [​IMG]

2. hcook

hcook

Nice tusker!

What'd it dress out at?

3. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony NRA4EVR

4. hoagie55

hoagie55

Nice looking boar! What did he dress out at? How far of a shot did you take? Tell us a little about the hunt!

5. JD HHI 6092

JD HHI 6092

6. noway

noway

Nice hog & nice hunt.

{ We walked over and he was still alive. We waited about a minute and he quit moving. Mark picked up some leaves to clean his mouth up for the photos and the boar snapped at Marks hand. After a couple of minutes he was finally dead for sure. We took pictures and Dirk made a smart remark about how the cameras' click sounded like my Contenders miss fire. Ha Ha, very funny.}

I just wanted to point out never walk up on a wild animal and get close to the animal without 100% making sure it is DEAD. Mark could have had some serious problems if that boar did bite him him or worst if it was playing opussum and got up and charge either one of you. When the animal was fist seen breathing you should have had a finisher round or smaller caliber to the skull if you wheren't planning on mounting the head.

just my 0.02c