Glock Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I never quite understood the point of that sort of thing. I guess it's just a fun experiment.
Does anybody care?
If someone used this experiment on ten G43s versus say ten Shields and compared the results then there might be something to pay attention to rather than to be entertained.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
But I can see how it might be fun to do. With someone else's gun.

· Premium Member
5,929 Posts
Baffling.

The writing doesn't even describe correctly what they did! First, they "ran a rope through the trigger guard and tied it"? No, they didn't tie it! They put a rope dog leash through it and used a bolt snap clip to secure it. They pulled the G43 in a block of ice at 25mph on a dirt road (how long in ice, how long hitting dirt/rock?)... which does exactly what? One gun, no reference to compare to (heck, a Jennings or Lorcin may have fared better physically by retaining their sights with just three failures, for all we know!).

The G43 had four failures in 105 rounds (two misfeeds, two failures to fire). A staggering 3.8% failure rate (but labeled a success!), and they say they have not cleaned it and are going to use it as a carry gun. Hey! Have fun!

Wow... just wow! Not impressed until helicopters, tanks, and sharks with lasers on their heads are involved... and even then I will be withholding gushing praise and enthusiasm! :)

· The eBay Guy
24,163 Posts
The G43 had four failures in 105 rounds (two misfeeds, two failures to fire). A staggering 3.8% failure rate (but labeled a success!), and they say they have not cleaned it and are going to use it as a carry gun. Hey! Have fun!
Yeah, I'm not sure how the test was considered such a success... :dunno:

· Premium Member
5,929 Posts
I think that the block of ice would double the retail value of the Hi-Point.
Ha! Toss in some lime juice, tequila, and salt with the ice, and then you REALLY have something!*

* I am not condoning simultaneous use of alcohol and firearms... (insert Hi-Point joke here)

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Hopefully they used a Yeti cooler to transport the block of ice.

· Banned
21,063 Posts
I read the article and my recurring thought was "why do this to a Glock 43 pistol?" In the 26 years I have owned my G17 I have never thought to do even a little of what I saw in this video to my G17. I guess that a polymer pistol invites such tests.

· Banned
353 Posts
I just do not understand all of the fuss over the G43. The bigger, the better, I say.
I agree with your statement. I own a G-43, but like the G-26 better, the capacity and the ability to use a G-19 mag for a reload works well for me. Plus, I noticed that the G-26 carries and draws better in my front pocket, I think, FOR ME, it's the thickness. I also realized that my S&W 642 rotary single-stack carries better in my summer shorts than the G-43 (now my response is very subjective YMMV)... :smoking:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.