close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Subcompact...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Casper19, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Casper19

Casper19

Hey guy's,
    Currently i own a G19, Im looking to purchace a Subcompact to start my Glock Family. I was wondering what everyone thinks/prefers. My 19 is used for home defence and also carry time to time. I wouldn't mind a larger caliber.
    Thanks everyone

2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

The Glock 26 is a great choice and you can use the G19 mags in them, and if you want a larger caliber the Glock 27 in 40 S&W is the answer.

:50cal:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012

3. ijacek

ijacek

Since you already have the G19, I would think the next logical step would be G26 if you going for subcompact. Same caliber, G19 mags go into G26. At least that's what I would do!

4. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

I have both the G19 and G26 and I enjoy shooting both of them. I do enjoy shooting the G19 more, but that is a personal preference. I used GAP floor plates on my G26 for a while, but found when shooting under minor stress and rapid fire situations, the gun wasn't as locked into my hand as slow fire. I added the +1 extensions to get a better grip and that pretty much negated the reason for the subcompact.

Body composition and dress are important factors in how easily you can conceal. Depending on how you carry and dress, you can easily conceal the G19. After getting the G19, I realized I was able to conceal it as easy as the G26.

If you've never shot a subcompact, I recommend renting one and shooting a couple of boxes of ammo to make sure you enjoy it. Make sure you shoot both slow as well as rapid fire.

5. jvbronco

jvbronco

I started out with a G17 but went with the 19 after realizing that I would prefer to carry a Glock over my Taurus Snub nose. I absolutely love it.

I ended up trading my G17 for a G33 (subcompact in .357 sig) and love everything about it. It feels great and is a blast to shoot.

Lots of folks like the G27 (subcompact in .40 s&w) and swear by it. I think they are both worth a look. The .357 sig has some pretty neat ballistics characteristics and is an overall fun round to shoot.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Have you tried grip tape?

7. 153

The 26 is a real nice pistol, the 27 is just is nice, the extra "oompf" of that .005 bigger slug may not make it a better choice, but it is comforting.

8. Casper19

Casper19

Thanks guy's, Ya it would be more logical to go with a 26. The reason behind the new purchace is due to carry reason's. I enjoy and love my 19 but my size and the way i dress does not always take favor to my 19. I like the idea of being able to use my 19mags and also the cheaper ammo. I think my next step is to go rent one and try it out.

9. jw38

jw38

I also have a Gen 3, 19 - Love it. Then I picked up a Gen 3, 27 for cc and love it also. The 27 goes everywhere I go.

10. 257 roberts

257 roberts

I would go with the 26

11. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

Yes, I've tried the grip tape and also grip sleeves. I still carry the G26 from time to time, but mostly carry the G19 now.

12. ScottieG59

ScottieG59

I carry a Glock 27 and also have a Lone Wolf 9mm conversation barrel and a few 9mm magazines. I think the G19 is a great all around choice and almost as easy to conceal. The baby Glocks have a shorter grip, which helps concealment and nothing else.

I tend to get smaller guns and there is always a trade off.

If I wanted something smaller than the G19, I would look at the mini 9mm's like the Kahr PM9, the Ruger LC9, etc. At least there, you would gain a significant size and concealabilty advantage. Again, you give up ammo capacity and have to adjust to the requirements of smaller guns. They are more finicky with ammo, grip, recoil, etc.

Of course, that G19 is able to do it all very well. I have considered going to one.

13. thedave8

thedave8

27 all the way!!!!!!! like you always hear, multi caliber pistol....

14. Casper19

Casper19

one more question..;. my 19 is a gen3. its a brand new put about 600 rounds through it, i catch brass to the face every now and then. Ive read it could be that its new, cheap ammo, might be dirty, all sorts of things.... any idea or solution?

15. xxlarge

xxlarge

The 39 is a super big bore sub carry gun. Ammo is not hard to find nor is it too expensive if you shop on line. Soft shooting, accurate and easy to conceal. :cool:

16. Glock19Cowner

Glock19Cowner

Had same problem followed the instructions on here for filing the step on inside of extractor and started using 124gr +p and it's a lot better, give the +p ammo a try first.

17. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

Not even close...

[​IMG]

18. Glock40man

Glock40man

Good plan!

19. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

You'll love the 26.

20. Glock19Cowner

Glock19Cowner

Question for you all out there thinking of picking up a 27 was wondering if $514.99 is a decent price. Don't want to get ripped off if someone knows where they are cheaper.