close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Subcompact Magazine Question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by onemangang, Jan 24, 2006.

1. onemangang

onemangang

Can I use 19 or 17 magazines when competeing in the subcompact division or must I use 26 magazines?

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

The mags are legal but you cannot use the mag sleeve that is on the market that covers the extra exposed mag. You should also try the mags in several practice sessions to ensure reliability. Some times your grip will cause the longer mag to malfunction, better to be sure at practice and correct the problem than to spoil a perfectly good match.;)

3. cmzneb

cmzneb

You can use the Pearce +0 or +1 extensions which really help out my grip with the G27.

The Pearce grips are legal for GSSF.

4. gary newport

gary newport

The rules specify that for the "old" subcompacts but say nothing (that I saw) about the new subcompact (G39). I wonder if Pearce extensions will be "grandfathered" to be legal for the baby GAP? (Yes, the Glock 7151 would be legal but the Pearce unit looks better!)

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I would say the Pearce mag extension for the G39 would be allowed due to the fact the latest rules where written before it came out on the market. The Pearce mag extension was offer by Glock,Inc. as an accessory for the subcompacts a while back and the G39 is a subcompact!

Dan :cool: