Sub Glocks vs Kahr pistols

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by EAGLESFANPHILA, Aug 22, 2005.

1. EAGLESFANPHILA

EAGLESFANPHILA

I've shot them both but I still prefer the sub Glocks as my carry pistol. Kahrs are easier to conceal(still not as good as the Kel-Tecs) but the sub Glocks also conceal very well.

I would just like to hear what you carry between the two, and your reasons?
    ^1

2. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

Glocks, primarily for reliability, but also for commonality with my primary duty weapon. I've previously owned 3 Kahr's which had reliability problems, 2 K-9's and 1 K-40.

I currently own a Kahr P-9 which has been totally reliable, and do occasionally carry it, but I still prefer the Glock 27 for commonality with my G22, as well as the .40 caliber. Also, I seem to be more accurate with the G27 as opposed to the P-9.

3. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

Coincidently, this was my first day of carrying my new PM9. I can already see that it'll probably remain my main carry. It's very thin and half the weight of my G26 when both are fully loaded. It's much more comfortable for IWB, and I've used a ton of holsters with my G26.

I just purchased it last Friday but put 325 rounds through it this weekend with ZERO malfunctions. I'll also add that I purchased one of these for my brother last year that's also been 100% reliable.

Accuracy easily equals that of my G26. I'll get it on the 50yd range later this week, but I'm certain it'll keep an entire mag on a paper plate just like my G26. Because of range congestion I could only try it as far as 25yds this weekend.

[​IMG]

3 magazines(18 rounds) at 25yds. 147gr Rem Golden Saber-
    [​IMG]

Right now, if only allowed one, I'd definately take the PM9, and I've had 9 years of experience with the mini-Glocks. My first was purchased May 10, '96. I remember this because it was the same day I made E5 and received my Cavalry spurs. Believe it or not, the first shot I ever took with a G26 was at a soda can at 110yds. It hit. This was on the personal weapons range at Ft. Stewert, GA.

4. bulbboy

bulbboy

I alternate everyday between my G27 and my MK9. Love them both!! The MK9 is skinner but its a toss up- they both shoot great - without thinking about concealment a slight edge to my glock.

5. Mickid

Mickid

I think the Glock is better for reliability reasons and it doesn't rust.
    Not only that but when you compare the glock looks much better.

6. Mickid

Mickid

Everyone I know that owns a khar doesn't trust it.
    They usually trust the Glock more for concealed carrying.

7. bulbboy

bulbboy

I would have to disagree - I trust both with my life! I just happen to like my Glock alittle bit better. But I love both of them!

8. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

Me Too

9. G-Bone

G-Bone the 29 is fine

I carry my PM9 almost everyday at work in the front pocket of my khakis. It is a fine pistol and I like the 9mm in a 380acp size package. My KelTec sees some pocket carry but not as much as my PM9.

That being said, I try to work my Glock 27 in CCW as much as I can! If I am not wearing my work clothes I am caring a Glock or 340PD. I feel that the Glock was designed for combat and the Khar was designed for concealment, therefore I trust the Glock more.

10. ArmedMikeL

ArmedMikeL

I had a Glock 26 and sold it for some insane stupid reason. I will be buying another one or a Glock 27.

I have a Kahr PM9 (DLC black model). I carry it in a Comp-Tac Pro Undercover. It is thin, small, and IWB very well.

I also have a S&W 642 that I carry in the front pocket. Most often, I tend to put this one in my pocket and go.

11. deerhunter34

deerhunter34

My PM9, has performed flawlessy for two years. The best thing is that it makes it easy to carry consistently. You don't get lazy about it because its too heavy or hard to conceal. But I think both are fine guns.

12. grecco

grecco

kahr p9
    it relaced my g27 and g23 as a everday carry gun.
    here is why.
    -the kahr is thinner
    -better trigger
    -better sights
    -fit my hand better than a g27.

my kahr has been flawless.
    the kahr works better form me.
    the g27 was sold.

13. Kjott21

Kjott21 Berserker

I just bought a P9 Covert on Thursday. I also had a G27 last November. I didn't like the 27 at all... I ended up trading it for a G23. I love my G23 but I needed something smaller that I could carry in my pocket or in my bag that I take to work with me. I decided to go with a Kahr. You can find my thread about my first impressions posted in the Kahr forum. I like it and it will fill my needs but I don't know that it will replace the 23 as my all time carry piece.

14. bulbboy

bulbboy

Heres a picture for size comparison

G27 & Kahr MK9

15. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

I've had both. The Glock 26 is the only pistol I've ever regretted selling. The Kahr (P9) is easier to conceal but proved unreliable in my rather large hands. My trigger finger constantly activated the mag. release, therefore, dumping the mag. Also, I would get AD's on follow-up shots due to not having a good grip on the Bic-lighter-sized grip. Had several malfunctions with the Kahr. None with the Glock, over 3.5k rounds, including reloads. The 26 is one fantastic pistol. No contest in my opinion. JohnH

16. USPcompact45

USPcompact45

For those that chose the pm9, mk9, why didn't you go with the mk40 or the pm40? Is it because it was less reliable? Thank you.

17. bulbboy

bulbboy

The only reason I went with the MK9 is because I have two other .40's and zero 9mm. wanted something different!

18. deerhunter34

deerhunter34

Pm9 over Pm40?

1. PM9 was in stock at the dealer and caught my eye.

2. PM9 recoil should be more tolerable.

3. Had plenty of 9MM ammo at home. No additional ammo cost. And I trust good self defense 9MM.

And best of all I have learned to love this little gun. Was shooting paper terrorists the other day with all center mass and head shots. Too much fun!

19. grecco

grecco

true, the 40's are less reliable.

but the 9mm are excellent carry pistols
    they still have
    better trigger
    better sights
    easier to conceal
    and the p9 has been 100% reliable.

not all guns are perfect, i would aviod and not recommend the 40 cal kahrs.

but what does the reliablity of the 9 have to do with the 40?
    we choose 9mm for various reasons....

20. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

I take the Kahr PM9 rather than my G26 because I prefer pocket carry in the summer.

I chose the PM9 rather than the 40, because 40 is just way too much punishment in that size frame for me; not mention the slow follow up shots that would result. For me, 9mm is enough in any subcompact, be it Glock or any other maker.