Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just put one on my 27 yesterday. i bought one just to see if i liked it.... I'll be getting another one for my other mag for sure.

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
I prefer the GAP floorplates. They fit under your ring finger and really help with control. The nicest thing is they don't make the grip any longer, aiding in concealment. They're cheap, try both.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
I like the Pearce PG-30's. 2 extra rounds in .40, +3 9mm. They cost more than Sherer, but are worth it in my book.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I first got the Pearce for my 27, it's a good product. Then I got the GAP, IMO they are the way to go for the sub-compact Glocks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Guess I'll give the contrary opinion. I have very large hands, but I've intentionally focused on learning to shoot the Baby Glock as well as possible without any extentions. Makes it much more convenient to carry, either in the pocket or in a holster.

Try it, you might like it.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
These give you a little more grip than the Pearce: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=397818
They are made by GLOCK and are +2...although I can only get 11 in mine:supergrin: It's basically the same as mentioned by 'elde' but you get a complete mag...and you can never have enough of those!

The GAP floor plate doesn't extend the grip at all (if that's your intentions).

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I used Pearce for awhile and then switched to the GAP's and liked them better. I usually only use them for the range and carry with the stock floorplates, which I am very comfy with.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Guess I'll give the contrary opinion. I have very large hands, but I've intentionally focused on learning to shoot the Baby Glock as well as possible without any extentions. Makes it much more convenient to carry, either in the pocket or in a holster.

Try it, you might like it.
Good point here- Practicing both ways is a good idea. I actually keep one magazine stock and one with the PG-30 in my glove box. The shorter mag goes in most of the time when I'm just tossing the G-27 into a pants pocket, while the mag with extension goes in if I'm tossing it in an IWB. Either way, the 27 is my "quickie" CCW. If circumstances and apparel permit, I generally have my 23 on me. But the G27 gets a lot of work if I'm just making a quick stop for an errand on a week-day, as opposed to being "out and about" on the weekends.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
These give you a little more grip than the Pearce: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=397818
They are made by GLOCK and are +2...although I can only get 11 in mine:supergrin: It's basically the same as mentioned by 'elde' but you get a complete mag...and you can never have enough of those!

The GAP floor plate doesn't extend the grip at all (if that's your intentions).

You've really got to push it or use a mag loader with the Glock +2. They gave me one when they swapped out the mags for my 27. It now rides on a 22 mag, so I have a 17 round backup magazine when I'm carrying my 27.

The problem with the Glock +2 is that it is much larger than any of the others and basically makes the grip as long as a compact.

To the OP...I have the PG2733 on my 27. That is my carry configuration. It gives me 1 more round of .40, does not extend the backstrap and gives a pinky rest, which makes the gun both more comfortable and more controllable IMO.

I have the PG26, which is the smooth +0 as well as Scherer +0s. The Scherer gives you a larger pinky rest and despite how many people on GT don't like them, to me it makes the gun even more comfortable. Neither the Pearce or Scherer +0s add to the backstrap, so whether you go with the +0 or the +1 Pearce, you will not be adding any additionaly length or risking of printing over the factory floorplates.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I have on of the PG2733 on one of my mags, and one regular. Usually I carry it with the regular mag. I got the PG2733 before I got my glock 19...

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I have both GAP and Pearce for my G33 and while the Pearce are nice and actually extensions, I prefer the GAP floorplates.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got a Pierce +2 extender on one of my G26 mags, and I give it a C+. It does look and feel great, so bonus points there, but I was completely unable to get the 12th round into the magazine, even with the mag loader.

Also, the upper edge of the Pierce extension is quite sharp, and it was pinching my finger every time the weapon fired. I took some sandpaper and beveled it off. No more problems now.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts