Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard stories of him but not too much on the quality of his slides. Was thinking of building another glock using his nee V5 slides that do not have the rmr cutout. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
569 Posts
I recently shot a G34 and a G 17 with Suarez slides. The G34 had an RMR. The slides were very good quality and they were great to shoot. The only other aftermarket slide I have handled was a ZEV and the Suarez seemed as good or better in overall quality. If I were to buy an aftermarket slide I would go with the Suarez. .02 cents.

·
nothing to see here, move along
400 Posts
I have a slide and barrel for my G4/34 with an rmr cut. The rmr fit is perfect. the gun shoots like a friggin laser beam....as long as i don't mash the trigger ;)
I have been beating the crap out of the gun lately, in the rain and mud, no cleaning. I actually cut my hand, so its got blood on it too. Perfect reliability.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
I have a slide and barrel for my G4/34 with an rmr cut. The rmr fit is perfect. the gun shoots like a friggin laser beam....as long as i don't mash the trigger ;)
I have been beating the crap out of the gun lately, in the rain and mud, no cleaning. I actually cut my hand, so its got blood on it too. Perfect reliability.
Did you cut your hand on the slide aka sharp edges... or just cut your hand some other way.

Am thinking of grabbing one of his G19- RMR slides when they come up.

·
400 Posts
I had previously cut my hand playing with a spyderco delica. My wife called me a ding-dong and shook her head at me.
My shooting just opened it up again. I should have held off a few days.....but I'm powerless to stop!
Quality of the slide is excellent. I do recommend the suarez barrel too. My OEM barrel felt a bit loose in the slide.

·
400 Posts
Nice looking side arm, mds1140. Did Suarez do any other work done on the gun, like trigger, barrel, etc?
I have a Suarez barrel and suppressor sights too. Barrel has a really tight fit, but function has been perfect. everything else is standard regular OEM. Slide parts slid right in with no problems.
I kina wish I would have gone with a black or gray finish. I really like the aqua-terra, carbon and fouling just wipes off, and the finish looked to be perfectly applied, it's just a little 'blingy' for my taste.
I have been shooting this gun dirty and in rain and mud to test function, considering using it for duty. So far, I am very pleased.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I recently shot a G34 and a G 17 with Suarez slides. The G34 had an RMR. The slides were very good quality and they were great to shoot. The only other aftermarket slide I have handled was a ZEV and the Suarez seemed as good or better in overall quality. If I were to buy an aftermarket slide I would go with the Suarez. .02 cents.
I've handled a Suarez, but never owned one. I do have a ZEV, though. I don't think that the Suarez is better in overall quality from what I've seen, but it seems about as good just looking it over (didn't get to shoot it). I think it will likely come down to personal preference. Many feel that ZEV is overpriced and wouldn't buy one. Others don't really care for Gabe Suarez and his past so they wouldn't buy one of his either.

·
Registered
33,226 Posts
I have a Suarez barrel and suppressor sights too. Barrel has a really tight fit, but function has been perfect. everything else is standard regular OEM. Slide parts slid right in with no problems.
I kina wish I would have gone with a black or gray finish. I really like the aqua-terra, carbon and fouling just wipes off, and the finish looked to be perfectly applied, it's just a little 'blingy' for my taste.
I have been shooting this gun dirty and in rain and mud to test function, considering using it for duty. So far, I am very pleased.
Is the slide still working well?

I'm sort of, maybe, considering getting one :)

·
Registered
32,513 Posts
I don't think Suarez is pricey at all compared to other stuff I've looked at like Zev.

I'm considering the Suarez RMR slide for a G26. Just trying to decide on what generation of 26 to get.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have two Suarez RMR slides (and Suarez suppressor sights), one on a G19, and one on a G17. I have a half-dozen pistol classes and many thousands of rounds through them, with no issues at all. They can be kind of chippy to do business with if you have questions, but make good stuff based on my sample size of two. I do note that for purposes of holster compatibility, the Suarez slides are just a hair wider (or mine were) than OEM slides. They work with my other holsters, but it took a tiny bit of work on the kydex to make them fit with the "click" I like for my guns. YMMV.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have two Suarez RMR slides (and Suarez suppressor sights), one on a G19, and one on a G17. I have a half-dozen pistol classes and many thousands of rounds through them, with no issues at all. They can be kind of chippy to do business with if you have questions, but make good stuff based on my sample size of two. I do note that for purposes of holster compatibility, the Suarez slides are just a hair wider (or mine were) than OEM slides. They work with my other holsters, but it took a tiny bit of work on the kydex to make them fit with the "click" I like for my guns. YMMV.
Someone said that if you want to return something, Gabe will challenge you to a duel in South America.

I have two of his slides.
Very good quality.

Reasonably priced but the shipping is brutal.
They have free shipping on some holidays. Last one was July 4 weekend.

·
NRA Member
1,537 Posts
I have 3 Suarez slides with rmr cut outs...all three good to go

·
Registered
433 Posts
I know I’m reviving a dead thread here, but I’m planning on doing a build with a Suarez g34 slide.

It seems most people here like them. Anyone experience any issues with one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know I’m reviving a dead thread here, but I’m planning on doing a build with a Suarez g34 slide.

It seems most people here like them. Anyone experience any issues with one?
I bought one for my gen 3 19 a few years ago because I wanted to get into the red dot pistol game and I thought they seemed like a good value. It was a basket case. I had email correspondence with Suarez and they had no intentions of fixing or replacing their terrible slide.

First issue was reliability it was constantly jamming. I’m estimated I put 1200 thru it and it was a jam o matic. Every range trip had multiple malfunctions. I emailed Suarez about the reliability problems about 300 rounds in. They said to shoot 500 rounds to break it in. Long story short that didn’t work.

The slide clearly had tolerance issues or something going on. First with oem parts in the slide, the slide made my bone stock g19 have the worst stagey 9 pound trigger pull I’ve felt in a Glock. Once I got to about 1000 rounds the trigger pull got more stagey and I was moving my parts between the Suarez and my oem slide the channel liner fell out of the Suarez slide. I pushed it back in and it was extremely loose in the channel.

lastly my least important gripe but still a gripe was the suppressor sights were shooting extremely low. Even at 25 yards I had to use half way up the front post to hit whatever soda can I was shooting that day.

after getting the run around from customer service I sold the slide to my buddy for 50 bucks cause he didn’t care if it was ****ty.

TL: DR I got a terrible slide from Suarez international and that’s ok, it happens. What’s not ok is them not making it right and terrible customer service. It was a waste of money Suarez is and will always be a no go for me. I found out about his history later and it makes sense to me that he’s ok with screwing his customers.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I bought one for my gen 3 19 a few years ago because I wanted to get into the red dot pistol game and I thought they seemed like a good value. It was a basket case. I had email correspondence with Suarez and they had no intentions of fixing or replacing their terrible slide.

First issue was reliability it was constantly jamming. I’m estimated I put 1200 thru it and it was a jam o matic. Every range trip had multiple malfunctions. I emailed Suarez about the reliability problems about 300 rounds in. They said to shoot 500 rounds to break it in. Long story short that didn’t work.

The slide clearly had tolerance issues or something going on. First with oem parts in the slide, the slide made my bone stock g19 have the worst stagey 9 pound trigger pull I’ve felt in a Glock. Once I got to about 1000 rounds the trigger pull got more stagey and I was moving my parts between the Suarez and my oem slide the channel liner fell out of the Suarez slide. I pushed it back in and it was extremely loose in the channel.

lastly my least important gripe but still a gripe was the suppressor sights were shooting extremely low. Even at 25 yards I had to use half way up the front post to hit whatever soda can I was shooting that day.

after getting the run around from customer service I sold the slide to my buddy for 50 bucks cause he didn’t care if it was ****ty.

TL: DR I got a terrible slide from Suarez international and that’s ok, it happens. What’s not ok is them not making it right and terrible customer service. It was a waste of money Suarez is and will always be a no go for me. I found out about his history later and it makes sense to me that he’s ok with screwing his customers.
What is the history of Suarez? The main reason I was looking at his g34 slide was because it doesn’t have the giant hole on the top that is typical of the g34.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts