stupidity on display

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by juramentado, May 15, 2005.

1. juramentado

juramentado

on the may 15 issue of the Philippine star there's a picture of our navy spec ops troops practicing manuevers right on the beaches of boracay.

I wonder who was the numbskull officer who thought that having heavily armed troops with assault rifles practicing right next tourists will make these visitors feel better or forget that they're in a dangerous 3rd world country.

Instead of looking impressive, nagmumuka tuloy silang mga tanga.

I support our troops with the fight against terrorism, but showing off on Boracay beach doesn't mean sh_t. Those troops should be used for offensive purposes, not as high profile security on Boracay. It's a waste of their skills and training to limit them to such a role.

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

It's a show of force, they just don't want anything to happen in Boracay similar to what happened in Dos Palmas (kidnapping) and Bali (bombing). But you're right they should have practiced a little more discretion.

3. paltik45

paltik45

The disadvantages of having a filipino channel: Its Sunday here folks and some American friends and neighbors have gathered in my humble abode. We had BB-Q, humburger and beer for a sunday arternoon get together. It so happened that I turned on the TV not knowing it was set on the TFC. They all saw the BORACAY FUNFARE ;g Most the ladies said what a nice beach, but when the troops came out and shots fired(even though its blank bullets) they all said what the F^(# are they doing. One of my guest said its nice to be secure but its best not to brag about it (low profile ika nga kapatid). That thing certainly send some bad input to the foriegners mind. We can beef up security but in a more discreet way. Just like what the Swiss guards did during the Popes wake.....Low profile so that it wont send discomfort and anxiaty to the public but maintain a sense of security. Sa tingin ko umandar na naman ang kayabangan nating mga Pinoy. Sabi nga ng Lola ko na ang aso na matahol ay di nangangagat, pero ang asong tahimik ay siguradong malalim ang kagat at may kamamdag. Esep esep....Dept. of Tourisim. :soap:

4. atmarcella

atmarcella

I AGREE!!!^6 ^6 ^6 ^6

5. chowchow

chowchow

Ano bang pinakita sa TV, Marine Landing Team with amphibious track vehicles coming ashore in Boracay?

6. asian_glockster

asian_glockster Hook Up!!!!!!!!

PNP should be the one patrolling boracay..

Asan nga ba sila??????

7. Kiddo

Kiddo

Syempre, pasikat by nature ang majority ng military natin eh. Pa 'show of force' pa sila, ang mga tourista lang ang natakot at hindi ang mga terrorista.