Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clerk: Sir, with all due respect that "thingy" u call a safety on the trigger is an accident waiting to happen, that's why I carry Sigs & XDs.

Patron: Wow that sacres me now...don't think I want that now...

Me to the patron: What do u carry now? He responds, "a revolver" I reply, if u can remain the same trigger discipline that U've had while carrying a revolver, this Glock (G26) will DOUBLE your firepower and be just as safe to carry. Plus, it has a firing pin safety & a drop safety....all your revolver has is a heavy DAO pull, and u still run a risk of dropping the gun and the hammer setting off a round.

Patron: He's got a point!! Thanks young man! *handshake*

Other story:
Dumb @$$ clerk at a pawnshop says, "Now this, (pulls out a G39) is the best money can buy....Clock made a DO IT ALL CARTRIDGE that can defeat: light body armor, shot out an engine block, and stop a big man probably 300lbs worth with one shot! That's why the government limited the round capacity on these GAP models!:rofl:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Clerk: Sir, with all due respect that "thingy" u call a safety on the trigger is an accident waiting to happen, that's why I carry Sigs & XDs.

Patron: Wow that sacres me now...don't think I want that now...

Me to the patron: What do u carry now? He responds, "a revolver" I reply, if u can remain the same trigger discipline that U've had while carrying a revolver, this Glock (G26) will DOUBLE your firepower and be just as safe to carry. Plus, it has a firing pin safety & a drop safety....all your revolver has is a heavy DAO pull, and u still run a risk of dropping the gun and the hammer setting off a round.

Patron: He's got a point!! Thanks young man! *handshake*

Other story:
Dumb @$$ clerk at a pawnshop says, "Now this, (pulls out a G39) is the best money can buy....Clock made a DO IT ALL CARTRIDGE that can defeat: light body armor, shot out an engine block, and stop a big man probably 300lbs worth with one shot! That's why the government limited the round capacity on these GAP models
!:rofl:
Please tell me you're kidding :faint:

·
Banned
466 Posts
Does that come in Olive Drab?

·
Registered
560 Posts
That is why the consumer should do their homework before buying. Sleezy people will take every advantage they can, whether it be through missinformation or scare tactics.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please tell me you're kidding :faint:

I'm soooooooo serious!!! All I could do was shake my head & walk away... Wow!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
all your revolver has is a heavy DAO pull, and u still run a risk of dropping the gun and the hammer setting off a round.
Not true. All modern revolvers employ some kind of hammer block safety. :tongueout:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not true. All modern revolvers employ some kind of hammer block safety. :tongueout:

This--- and double :tongueout::tongueout:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is why the consumer should do their homework before buying. Sleezy people will take every advantage they can, whether it be through missinformation or scare tactics.
I feel ya on that, but some consumers in the marketplace are uninformed and have no idea where to start addressing their concerns..

Case in point:
I ran into a lady who was tryingto pick a CCW for her hubby, SHE HAD NO CLUE!! *Sexist Disclaimer* I'm not making light of a female pruchasing firearms...She told me she wanted her hubby to have a bigger gun for protection. She had no clue shot caliber, size, weight etc. (now mind u she was trying to surprise him) my advice to her is that she needed to incorporate him in THEIR decision. I told her that she might very well have to use it to defend the family, and she needed to have some input as well.

Mind u the clerk pulled out a small Taurus, Sigma, and a Keltec of some sort...he gave me an evil look once he realized I was spoiling his sale. Nevetheless, I hate to see folks being taken advantage of...

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I glady stand corrected on revolvers... Information is welcomed guys!!

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
Clerk: "The only thing I have against a Glock is, when you pull the trigger, they go bang". He was making reference to the lack of an external safety. I thought to myself (about the clerk), "Damn you're dumb"!!!!!!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
i may have all of you beat. this was a customer talking to a shop owner about Glocks about 2 years ago. he told the guy that Glock added the Tenifer treatment to Glocks after the movie Die Hard because so many people got scared because the Glocks were all porcelain and could not be seen by Xray machines. the Tenifer gave the Glocks the metallic properties needed to be seen by Xrays. i do believe i pissed myself that day.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Watched a clerk telling and showing a 20 something that Glocks are the only gun that works for sideways shooting (gang banger pray and spray). I believe the clerk was being sarcastic, the moron bought it and some range ammo and proceeded to shoot at a human sized target a 1/2 hour later with the sideways style.

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
Watched a clerk telling and showing a 20 something that Glocks are the only gun that works for sideways shooting (gang banger pray and spray). I believe the clerk was being sarcastic, the moron bought it and some range ammo and proceeded to shoot at a human sized target a 1/2 hour later with the sideways style.

You mean the clerk didn't sell him the Home Boy Sites to go with it. They are specially made for side-ways shootin'..... http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=41002

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Sales people want the sale. And, they want to sell the hard-to-move merchandise (e.g. G39) most. Consumers need to educate themselves. They don't always; sales people know this. Integrity is not universal.

·
Banned
3,354 Posts
Sales people want the sale. And, they want to sell the hard-to-move merchandise (e.g. G39) most. Consumers need to educate themselves. They don't always; sales people know this. Integrity is not universal.
Exactly. They are no different than car salesmen.

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
not exactly in a store, but in my CPL (ccw) class, one person asked if they make add on sights that mount on the side of a "glock 9 mil" ... some people should be removed from ccw classes after comments like that

1 - 20 of 29 Posts