close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stupid Game Laws

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by vart, Nov 12, 2002.

1. vart

vart

I went out hunting yesterday, finally, and decided to do a little impromptu scouting and deer hunting. I took my .35 Whelen loaded with 200 gr. Nosslers and headed to a nearby canyon that was full of deer.
    About 1-mile from my truck, I look up on a hillside, and just inside the treeline, there are 3 elk. Two cows and a decent 4-point bull. 200 yds away and just standing there broadside;6 . I was too busy with work to get out during the elk season, and standing there was one of the easiest shots on an elk I've ever seen!
    I just sat there with tears in my eyes for ten minutes watching the elk watch me ;1.
    And I didn't see any deer.

2. MrMunster

MrMunster

Sounds like you need to work on your priorities....;a

3. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

my dad was goose hunting at our pond which is about .25 mile away from the highway. because it is north of the highway he can only take one goose a day. if it was south he could take 3.

one of the priests there (the pond is on the grounds of a monastary) said it best. "the geese don't know which side of the highway they're on."

all of this because of some small sub-species of canadian goose, neither he nor i have ever even seen around there.