Glock Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While making my periodic run through the area pawn shops this afternoon -- I ran across a 1962 East German Makarov in like new condition. It looks to be in unissed condition. No holster or cleaning rod, but it did have an extra magazine. I thought $159 was a good price -- so I snapped it up!

I'll probably replace the brown Bakelite grip with a Pearce rubber grip. The only ammo I found today was the Hornady Critical Defense. I think I may order some Buffalo Bore hard cast lead loads to use in it for better penetration.

It might mak a nice bedside table pistol for my bride...

· Descent Terminated
34,057 Posts

· Deluxe Member
1,085 Posts
That's Robbery Pricing! But, if it had the Bulgarian grips on it, maybe the doofus at the store did not know what he had???

I believe the Black grips where OEM on the EG's.

Regardless, a stellar deal these days. Congrats! :wavey:

· Registered
251 Posts
I've been thinking about letting my East German go, but it will be for considerably more than that. Mine has original grips and lanyard.

Good find!

If you sell it you might end up with serious seller's remorse!

Oh, one question! How much? :whistling:

· Registered
30,515 Posts
I thought $159 was a good price -- so I snapped it up!
That's about a third of what a very nice east German Mak is selling for. Good find.

I've been thinking about letting my East German go, but it will be for considerably more than that. Mine has original grips and lanyard.
Good find!
I have 17 Makarovs now.
In the early years I sold 5 or 6 Maks. I'm still sorry I sold those guns. :)

· Registered
57 Posts
Almost sounds like theft. I'm seeing mediocre Bulgarians going for $350. Great find.

While making my periodic run through the area pawn shops this afternoon -- I ran across a 1962 East German Makarov in like new condition. It looks to be in unissed condition. No holster or cleaning rod, but it did have an extra magazine. I thought $159 was a good price -- so I snapped it up!

I'll probably replace the brown Bakelite grip with a Pearce rubber grip. The only ammo I found today was the Hornady Critical Defense. I think I may order some Buffalo Bore hard cast lead loads to use in it for better penetration.

It might mak a nice bedside table pistol for my bride...

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Mine always worked well, but I bought and sold it for $150. Carried it for awhile when I could afford nothing better. Very reliable over 1000 rnds.

But I'll never have another...not paying $350 for one..that's the price of a used Glock! Maks are now collector guns.

btw I once had a German Makarov. Bought it before the dealer realized what it was East German. (He thought it was Bulgarian) I paid $190 for it then a co-worker informed him. Too late! Mine!

I sold it a few months later for $280. This was probably back in 2006 or so..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.