close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Study: Unvaccinated kids are healthier than vaccinate kids

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glocksanity, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Patchman

Patchman Florist

How strongly do you believe in the theory of natural selection?

2. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

No, nothing else matters until you deal with this, you said it.

3. Patchman

Patchman Florist

My posts have always been about vaccinations. It's everyone else who jumped on about everything "what ifs."

4. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Yes, vaccinations should not be mandatory because not every child is meant to survive to adulthood. Darwin's theory should not be interfered with.

Does it sound cold and heartless? Yes. Do I believe it? Yes.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Where did I mention any "what ifs" before you introduced these tangent scenarios?

6. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

No, your statement is much larger than vaccinations.

Your position is not very well thought out.

7. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

Very strongly, although I'm not the same advocate of eugenics that you seem to be.

As others have pointed out, our advances as a species include not only our ability to provide food and shelter from weather and predators, but all of our other advances that allow us to survive childhood and reproduce, and raise children that are able to reproduce.

-ArtificialGrape

8. Patchman

Patchman Florist

OK, if you say so.

9. Geko45

Natural selection is a scientific theory that puts forth an explanation of the natural world. It is not a doctrine that it is to be "believed in". At least, not in the context you are suggesting. You can believe that it is either a valid theory or an invalid one, but that says nothing on it's moral implications.

And if you would interpet the theory correctly, then you would see that all it says is that if a specimen has a useful adaptation then it is more likely to successfully pass on its genes to the next generation. In our case, our big brains and problem solving abilities are our adaptation that give us an edge and make us more successful than other mammals. So, using complex medical technology that we invent (including vaccinations) is entirely consistent with the theory.

10. Geko45

:yawn:

I'm gonna adapt myself to a nice warm bed.

11. Patchman

Patchman Florist

OK, maybe that's why I also support the re-introduction of wolves and bobcats back into the wildness.

You're talking about natural selection of humans over other mammals. I'm talking about natural selection within the human population. This means assuming everyone has the same access to vaccinations, but some want the right to opt out of being forced to get it.

12. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

The stupid will have dead children. Great... HH

13. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Not being vaccinated is only one of many ways children don't make it into adulthood. As you said, the stupid will have dead children, and death comes in many flavors. :dunno:

14. dre23

dre23

By this reasoning then organ transplants should not be allowed, diabetics no insulin supplements, hell the entire medical field should cease to exist. Really?

15. Kahala

Kahala

WHAT IS A VACCINATION? A vaccination is a way of preventing what would
    otherwise be deadly and potentially incurable disease.

Before the polio vaccine, 13,000 to 20,000 people were paralyzed by polio, and about 1,000 people died from it each year in the United States. Polio is a virus transmitted through the stool, nasal mucus, or saliva. It is often transmitted through contaminated water or food. By vaccinating you can prevent people from getting and spreading it which leads to...The last cases of naturally occurring paralytic polio in the United States were in 1979, when an outbreak occurred among the Amish in several Midwestern states.

See there are people called parents...parents generally care about their kids enough that they don't want them to go through pain and suffering then be severely disabled for the rest of their life, or even die young. There is also another group called humanitarians...this group actually cares about other humans and their quality of life, not just themselves ...hard to believe I know, hope that helps you understand where they are coming from

Also, there was a study that linked vaccines to autism and it was found to be a blatant fraud. Over the following decade, epidemiological studies consistently found no evidence of a link between the MMR vaccine and autism(http://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c7452)

Too bad we can't vaccinate for the complete lack of research and critical thinking skills

16. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

Originally Posted by Patchman [​IMG]
    Yes, vaccinations should not be mandatory because not every child is meant to survive to adulthood. Darwin's theory should not be interfered with.

So if your child contracted small pox or polio or some other life threatening disease (that you could have prevented) , you would feel fine that he or she suffered a crippling disorder or died just because you think Darwin was correct?

17. IvanVic

IvanVic

That's irrelevant. Call it a study and 90% of people will believe it without reading any further.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

18. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

Make up a statistic, and 84% of the population will accept it, no questions asked.

19. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

Good point, and I should have made the same clarification. I no more hold a belief in evolution through natural selection than I hold a belief in gravity -- I recognize it to be true.

That said, I'll reiterate that intelligence is a survival adaptation. It should not be shunned.

-ArtificialGrape

20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Resistance to serious disease, especially childhood disease, is also a trait that affects natural selection, so Patchman does have a point that vaccination leads to a population that lacks natural/genetic resistance to disease (which is naturally achieved by those who don't have the resistance dying before they reproduce).

On the other hand "survival of the fittest" is never changed - but by changing the environment, as with medical care, welfare, protection from crime, or all sorts of modern things, we change the definition of who is "fittest." People assume "survival of the fittest" means people should continue to get stronger, faster and smarter, but that is not the case. It may very well be that the "civilized society" doesn't result in the strong/fast/smart reproducing more, but instead in the stupid and weak reproducing more. Certainly seems that way.