·
National Capitalist
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: MFC4

·
Making America great again!
17,623 Posts
Wasn't there a similar finding in CA, with hundreds of thousands thought to have been infected?

From the article...
"Blood tests that check for antibodies, substances the immune system makes to fight the virus, are expected to allow health officials to better understand how many people had the virus with few or no symptoms."

... But is the antibody test going to be given, or just the test for the virus? Testing for the virus on demand, for certain supposed high-risk individuals, tells us nothing about the spread of the virus.

Reactions: EOS and Kablam

·
G22 4 Me
3,990 Posts
I wonder what the chances are that this virus has been around longer than we thought, and some of the flu deaths over the past year or two have actually been this or a related strand of the virus.

We weren't looking for it, and the death numbers right now aren't out of the norm (at least yet) it doesn't appear.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Wasn't there a similar finding in CA, with hundreds of thousands thought to have been infected?

From the article...
"Blood tests that check for antibodies, substances the immune system makes to fight the virus, are expected to allow health officials to better understand how many people had the virus with few or no symptoms."

... But is the antibody test going to be given, or just the test for the virus? Testing for the virus on demand, for certain supposed high-risk individuals, tells us nothing about the spread of the virus.
And results of testing for the virus are only valid until the subject goes to some publicly populated place like Home Depot or Walmart.

Reactions: EOS

·
Registered
30,077 Posts

From the article...

Santa Clara county just finished an advertised/volunteer antibody survey.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/17/san...study-suggests-broad-asymptomatic-spread.html

Reactions: hannstv

·
Registered
30,077 Posts
Reactions: jr24

·
National Capitalist
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And results of testing for the virus are only valid until the subject goes to some publicly populated place like Home Depot or Walmart.
LOL. It’s sad

·
National Capitalist
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder what the chances are that this virus has been around longer than we thought, and some of the flu deaths over the past year or two have actually been this or a related strand of the virus.

We weren't looking for it, and the death numbers right now aren't out of the norm (at least yet) it doesn't appear.
I’d say it’s almost a certainty. The outbreak was identified in early November in China. With all the travel and trade between China and the rest of the world that occurs, It’s becoming ridiculous to think it took 2-3 months for it to get here. That’s nonsense. Flights poured out of Wuhan during the outbreak. To Europe and America.

My parents both got pretty sick in late December and early January. They had a fever, severe dry cough and shortness of breath. They both got their flu shots and both tested negative for the flu. So it was something else. I’m almost certain it was C-19.

·
Registered
30,077 Posts
Reactions: EOS

·
National Capitalist
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Identified, or acknowledged ... meaning after it may have already been spreading despite their attempts to contain it before the rest of the world would learn of it?

Then, later several million potential carriers left Wuhan before their lockdown. (And that's just what they appear willing to admit.)

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...keqiang-head-coronavirus-crisis-team-outbreak
True. Who knows how long it’s been around. The 2018-2019 flu season killed 80,000 people. It could’ve been around then and added to the flu death totals.

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
The denominator keeps on growing and the death rate keeps on shrinking....
The official, tested rate seems to be staying about the same in the US as I've been watching it the last few weeks. About 5%. We know it's lower than that obviously, but the official rate seems to be staying stable.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

O
nce we find out how many people have been infected with this virus, it may even turn out to be lower than the flu. If not then comparable.
http://abc3340.com/news/nation-world/health-official-1-million-in-nyc-possibly-exposed-to-virus
They just dropped the death number in PA by 200 because they “weren’t sure if the cases could be linked directly to COVID but it was suspected”

So 200 people that were included in the BS stats might not have even had it but it was listed as the cause of death. They can’t even get honest death stats so they just lie to beef it up.

This is so effed up it’s not even funny anymore.

·
National Capitalist
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They just dropped the death number in PA by 200 because they “weren’t sure if the cases could be linked directly to COVID but it was suspected”

So 200 people that were included in the BS stats might not have even had it but it was listed as the cause of death. They can’t even get honest death stats so they just lie to beef it up.

This is so effed up it’s not even funny anymore.
It really is.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

I’d say there’s a 99 percent chance it was here by the time China acknowledged they had it there.

The cognitive dissonance that some people have is astounding. “You can’t trust China! there’s millions dead there! They’re engaging in a cover up!

Then in the very next breath it’s “There’s no way it was here last year, China said they didn’t have any cases till November, bro..”

·
Registered
10,245 Posts

O
nce we find out how many people have been infected with this virus, it may even turn out to be lower"........

From the article...
I've been saying that for a long time now, that the confirm cases reports are based on incomplete data. Government testing barely scratched the surface of actual infection.

But it has been too inconvenient for the "experts" on the Okie threads to handle it. Now data are coming now....

·
NRA Life Member
66,447 Posts
It was an even higher percentage in California. The health officials there figured a death rate of 0.1% to 0.2%. I think I posted a thread about it here somewhere, but maybe that was facebook. That's about like the flu - people have quoted the 0.1% death rate for flu and claimed "OMG! It's twice as deadly" but the annual martiality rate for flu, from what I have seen, reaches 0.2% some years and is nearly always higher than 0.1%. I can't find the page I saw weeks ago that had it for several years, but this CDC page shows 2 or 3 years where it hit 0.17% https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

1 - 20 of 37 Posts