close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Study on Pot by the Bob Marley Institute finds...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gallium, Oct 31, 2012.

1. BEER

BEER bad example

this debate would be much more civil if it involved a hookah, a bunch of beanbag chairs, and a few extra large meat lovers pizzas.

oh and slurpees!! man i would kill for a freaking slurpee right now.

2. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Could you be a doll and provide a list of things that you like to put inside your body so I can come up with the appropriate name to call you?

Or maybe you think it's none of my damn business what you do if it doesn't affect me?

3. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Seems to me a bunch of guys stopped obeying the law to pay taxes on tea because it suited them, and started a whole revolution.

I'm pro pot because its a new market not dissimilar to alcohol, tobacco or high fructose corn syrup: except marijuana isn't addictive (barring those who have an addictive personality and can get addicted to chewing bubblegum or washing their hands).

It's another opportunity for commercialization, profits, tax revenues, agriculture jobs, retail jobs, medical blood testing jobs (testing the blood of those accused of driving or working under the influence)... Etc.

The hope that a fairly regulated market will eliminate the dangerous black market and reduce some crime is a worthwhile effort.

Let it be fully legal without federal law enforcement: monitor criminal enterprises, monitor public health issues, monitor small business revenues and tax incomes and the number of created jobs... Use it as a test market, then study the results and determine if its so bad or not.

4. Hawaiiglock

Hawaiiglock 58008

Well said!

If people want to get high they'll find a way, legal or not. That's why Cartels have all the money/power, they provide a large percentage of the illegal drugs that America craves. Some stats say that 60-80% of Cartel profits come from just marijuana, if we take that away they are going to be hurting big time.

The war on drugs isn't working, I'm sure a large percentage of the US population could get any illegal drug they wanted with a few phone calls to some friends. I believe legalizing MJ and taxing/regulating it like booze will save the US a lot of money. I don't believe harder drugs (coke, meth, heroin, etc) should be made legal, just pot. Shucks, we already have a huge number of citizens that are synthetic heroin junkies (pain pills), I'm sure that the number of people faking an illness for a medical marijuana card will come no where near the number of people that are already faking issues to legally get pain pills.

5. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Pot should be legalized, taxed, and regulated like tobacco and alcohol.
    I've seen what alcohol does to people, far worse than pot. In fact, I've never seen any negative effects to pot smokers. From time to time I've been in the company of both drinkers and tokers since the 70s.
    A fair percentage of people I knew who were heavy drinkers pretty much wasted away... low paying jobs, on gov. relief of some sort, and a couple died due to alcohol related health issues.
    None of those I knew who were smokers have any problems related to their smoking.

Just sayin'

6. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

I am not a pothead. I don't smoke, snort, huff or anything else.
    Beer is my drug of choice.
    I can say with a very clear mind that your logic is, at BEST, flawed. At worst...it stinks of paranoia.
    Ask any pot smoker: Mexican weed is crap and the only reason anyone buys it is because it's cheap. If people who choose to smoke were suddenly able to grow it in their gardens right next to their tomatos and basil,what the hell are Mexicans going to do aboit that? (hire all the weed whackers @ Home Depot?)

The war on pot has to be the single biggest boondoggle in American history. Probably bigger than the Vietnam war in terms of lives lost and money spent. And for what?
    Lawmakers want everyone to believe that if pot becomes legal, the next logical step is 300 million Americans will be smoking crack and shooting heroin within a year. Just like they said if Vietnam fell the next logical step would be a Soviet invasion of all of Asia and then California.

...and people say hard drug use can cause paranoia.
    Shesh.

7. chickenwing

chickenwing

I agree with full legalization. But don't agree with the taxed and regulated part. Fedzilla taxes and regulates enough crap already. It's a freaking plant.

Keep chugging that beer and *****ing about dopers.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  8. chickenwing

chickenwing

Well said.

9. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

I have zero stake in the game.
    Don't smoke, grow, sell etc.
    I would admit it if I did...what's not to admit?
    It really is "just weed"...not heroin or coke. There's a difference.
    Lost my sister to a drug OD in the 90s. So, yeah, I've seen what bad drugs can do.
    IMO, the war on weed is the single biggest drain on this society...bigger than any war, welfare or healthcare program.

10. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. GTFord1

GTFord1

Good grief, this is some ridiculous logic. And I don't use marijuana or particularly care what happens to it one way or the other.

12. snowcrash75

snowcrash75

[​IMG]

Because our economy couldn't use any of this...
    I don't know what these hippies are complaining about, its not like they don't have alcohol and caffeine.

Also, plus one on the don't really care, because I don't smoke it. If I wanted to, I'm sure it would take all of 15 minutes to find some. I just don't like blatant hypocrisy.

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

why do you need more taxes and regualtion?

14. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

So the animal that is the govt can be fed even more...

No one wants their sacred cows killed you know....

15. BEER

BEER bad example

Girl has been mumbling about shopping for a new mattress, i think i just found it. i don't know what the deal is with all that monopoly money next to it but i bet i can build a nightstand out of it.

16. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

I'm really puzzled that so many self proclaimed conservatives look to the government to protect themselves and their children from their own potential for poor judgement.
    I'm even more puzzled that I agree with every post in this thread that CF has posted. I know what he means by silly laws. I don't know if that's scarier for me or him.

MJ mellows the user. In moderation, that's not a bad thing. We as a society prescribe uncountable amounts of SSRI's, Tricyclic AD's, Benzodiazepines and a few other calming medications that are extremely addictive and easily abused yet a freakin' non addictive weed that has similar effects is illegal. Makes no sense to me.

17. BEER

BEER bad example

on a serious note, does anybody else think nationwide legalization would do for the ATF what spinach does for Popeye?

the idea of them getting anymore reach really scares the hell out of me.

18. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

The ATF needs pot like Al Sharpton needs racism.

They're in the business of fighting it, not getting rid of it.
    Without it, they disappear.

19. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

To fund black ops, drone deployment, FEMA camps, conspiracy think tanks, and surveillance technology of course.:cool:

:rofl:

Back to reality... taxed to fund infrastructure repair and other civil projects that would lessen the tax burden on citizens.
    Regulation to restrict sales to minors as with tobacco and alcohol and maintain quality.

Wake up.:upeyes:

20. Harper

Harper

It should be subject to state sales tax. The fed can go pound sand.