Students of Yale

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jade Falcon, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

If this is the best that Yale can produce, then we're all screwed. Mind you, it's about 10 months old, but I don't recall seeing it on here.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/15/watch-a-mob-of-yale-students-bully-a-professor-who-hurt-their-feelings/

This started over an email that the professor's wife, the man in question, sent to the student body, urging the students to avoid dressing up for Halloween in ways that could be “culturally unaware or insensitive.”

“Have we lost faith in young people’s capacity—in your capacity—to exercise self-censure, through social norming, and also in your capacity to ignore or reject things that trouble you?” Erika wrote. “What does this debate about Halloween costumes say about our view of young adults, of their strength and judgment? Whose business is it to control the forms of costumes of young people? It’s not mine, I know that.”

Well, apparently the reaction says a lot.

Oh, and the little entitled princess in this video? Here's some more about her...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/09/meet-the-privileged-yale-student-who-shrieked-at-her-professor/

She was raised by a white mother who's a registered Democrat. Big surprise, huh?

I admit: I haven't watched the videos. I value my brain too much.

2. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Everybody can appreciate one having a little *ss, but nobody appreciates one being a dumb*ss.

She's young and made a mistake based on hyped up emotions. Apologize to the professor(s) and move on. Before the internet this would not have left the classroom.

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

I doubt that. She did this out in the open in front of dozens of people.

Now she'll be lucky to ever get a job that pays more than $40K/year.

4. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

So you never once let your emotions get the best of you while sticking your foot in your mouth, during the years at High school or college, when dueling with a teacher/professor?

I still remember an argument I had about what we (American military) did at the Bikini Atoll. Good thing what I said never made it to the internet.

5. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

I guess I have a hard time believing that she made a mistake, and that it's not actually what she's really like. That the whole argument speaks to her character.

I have a hard time believing it doesn't. She's hardly a teenager; she's a young adult at the most prestigious college in the world. There are certain expectations that come with that position.

Deltic likes this.
  6. fx77

fx77 CLM

Yale note this--97% of the entire faculty gave financial contributions to the Democrats and HRC campaign...

the other 3% may be in a landfill somewhere! :)

72Cheyenne and Jade Falcon like this.
  7. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Actually, funny enough...the part where she asks something to the effect of "who the f- hired you?" is actually partially her fault....as she approved the Professor along with some sort of student-body committee. Or something to that effect.

8. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

fx77 and Jade Falcon like this.