Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with welding structural steel or structural steel design compliant with the requirements of AWS D1.1? I'm not much on the finer points of structural or D1.1 and am working on an endorsement exam and some of my practice questions refer to boxing. I've done an electronic search of the code and didn't get any hits on boxing. Looking in the hard copy and the section the questions is suspose to be coming from I can't find anything.

I did ASME a few weeks ago and didn't think it was all that hard, but I work a lot more with ASME. Since I have a lot of free time sitting in my apartment after work 800 miles from home I thought I'd work on a few code endorsements to fluff my resume with. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
13,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Danny, helped a lot and makes more sense of things. The sections you referenced have been deleted from my 2008 hard copy and 2006 electronic copy. I'll skip any questions on boxing I come across. The endorsement exam is on 2006, 2008, or 2010editions.

Not having an intimate knowledge of D1.1 and doing the exam prep myself is a bit of a challenge. I've got 275 practice questions and no answers. I did ASME Sec. IX, B31.1, and B31.3 myself with about 125 practice questions, and no answers and passed the exam, but I've been doing ASME for a while and feel pretty comfortable with it. I think
D1.1 will help me more with jobs so it's next then I'll do Sec VIII Div.1 and Sec IX in June.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice, glad i could help a little. I wish i had your initiative. An admirable way to spend your spare time. Are you on a Job now that keeps you away from home?

·
Registered
13,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all my jobs keep me away from home and for some reason i can't explain i don't want to move, yet there are no jobs to speak of where i live and for sure none doing what i do. i'm not a drinker and don't run around or watch much TV so working on these endorsements is a good way to spend my time and the exams are only 275$ for AWS members. not that i want to lose the money but 275$ isn't a bad risk for me to take a exam without any classroom training.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts