Stripper poll (pole? LOL)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hannie Caulder, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Married one.

9 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. Dated one.

60 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Spent total > $10K on strippers.

8 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Spent total > $5K on strippers.

4 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. Spent total $1K to $5K on strippers.

18 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Spent < $1K on strippers.

159 vote(s)
    37.8%
  7. Never went near a stripper.

163 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

Me being nosy again, its what I do. A couple of the recent threads have been about strippers, and it seems to me that they cause you men to make some very poor decisions.

Poll is anonymous, so don't be embarrassed. Of course, feel free to elaborate because we love details LOL.

2. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I’ve dated Two dancers in my past. I didn’t spend much money on them after the initial meeting. At the time they made more money than me.
    Edit: I also dated a girl who I always joked with her telling her she should be a stripper. We broke up and a couple years later I was with some friends at a club when I went to tip the DJ to play a song for me I saw her in the VIP grinding on a dude. I guess she took my advice.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017

3. refugeepj

refugeepj

brief "physical encounter" with one, 40 years ago.
    fun.
    one and done!
    for whatever reason, she picked me.
    likely not an unusual event, in her line of work.

rfd339, cyberghostx13, 1L26 and 3 others like this.
  4. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    As far as personal experience with strippers.............have looked but never gotten involved....................it is true, you regret the things you didn't do.:devilish:

Boox, F350, cyberghostx13 and 5 others like this.
  5. mj9mm

mj9mm

i don't believe most American men have had any involvement or experience with a stripper.

rfd339, WeeWilly, Toni77 and 4 others like this.
  6. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Details, OK here are some details.

I used to be a Plant Manager for a chemical company and went to a meeting of the Chemical Manufacturers Assoc. in Atlanta where we sat at a table that included the President of the CMA and his secretary / assistant. A few of my plant manager friends and I had a nice luncheon discussion with her. She was very well versed in the chemical industry

Three or fours months later we managers wound up in Atlanta again for a different meeting and went to Cheetah 3 one night. Girls were dancing on the tabletops. Later on we got another girl dancing, but by that time we were more involved in the latest company gossip and evidently didn't look at her enough. She finally said " You guys don't remember me do you?"

That made us give her a better look and we all said almost together " OMG, you're Sheila from the CMA " . She looked different with no clothes on. We said WTH are you doing here.

She said she had asked her boss for a raise shortly after that meeting and he had said no ( He evidently was crazy ), so she had quit and started dancing at Cheetah's. Said she was making more than twice the money she had been making as a secretary.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    ChuckUles, Willard, Deanster and 18 others like this.
  7. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

From 20 to 23 I was a bar back, bartender, and hostage negotiator (assistant manager) in a few strip bars in the Dallas/Ft Worth area... a few years after that I tended bar and managed some country bars in the same area but maintained relationships in the topless bars...in other words I gave them free drinks if they came out to my bars when they were not working because it increased sales by a lot!

I cannot imagine how much I spent pursuing strippers and really only have a couple of regretful interactions. I lucked into the first job in a topless bar (Hooters girl I was dating wanted to dump me and decided that getting me a job at a topless bar would soften the blow...she was right) and loved it...I had a blast and enjoyed the attention and learned quickly that jealousy and being possessive are not traits that attract people to you. All I did was work out, be a good host behind the bar, and (safely) enjoy the after party when invited. When you are one of 7-8 guys working with 70-80 young women...you get invited, and if you are fun and friendly and don’t try to make it something it’s not, you get invited a lot!

I met a few that were not mentally stable or involved with substances or destructive life choices and I just drifted away from them and toward the fun girls. I dated a couple somewhat seriously but their lack of ability to seperate work life from real life led us to not date seriously anymore. I treated those years of my life like a movie...I played a part and I knew that I would not spend the rest of my life with any ties to or relationships from it. When I was 26-27 I made a clean break and left the bar biz completely. The only hold over I have is that one of the Dallas Mavericks “Mavs Maniacs” dudes was a club DJ I worked with for a few years...I ran into him at a Mavs game and it was like two guys from the witness protection program seeing each other. We gave each other a wide eyed handshake and exchanged “glad you got out alive” messages and moved on. Funny times. I still exchange awkward handshakes and hugs with him when I am at a game.

I (safely) enjoyed the 90s...

8. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

In the abridged words of the late great W.C. Fields.

"To me, (strippers) are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one!"

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

9. plp

plp

Thankfully I spent my lifetime allotment on strippers in the oil patch during the early 1980's, before getting married.

I went once as designated driver with 2 of my co-workers, who had heard from some the guys we were working with about an all nude club in Tampa, and they wanted to go. They were 20 years younger than me, so figured they needed to see what it was all about.

We came home, with them hundreds of dollars poorer, frustrated, and drunk. In other words, typical night at the strip club.

Lockback, Lawdog3, Cali.Glock and 8 others like this.
  10. 63Bravo

63Bravo

Dated one. WOW was she nuts.

ILeft, cyberghostx13 and Just Glocks like this.
  11. willie_pete

Yeah, you are probably right, BUT my boss loved going to strip clubs and always dragged me along; been in clubs in 30 odd states with him. Worst one I was in was in Georgia. Looked like a NYC brownstone , it was in the basement. The girls were hanging off the sewer pipes under the first floor as a stripper pole. :alex:

12. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

No am one option?
    That limits a lot of us.
    :fist:
    DA29D02E-ACD1-49B6-8701-6F5F7EAED7FB.gif

13. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

14. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

I have a friend who "poles" for fitness, and post's videos on Facebook. Other than that, I don't personally know anyone who pole dances.

Lowcountry_Glocker likes this.
  15. Altaris

Altaris

And I would have guessed the exact opposite.

I actually don't personally know any man(friends or co-workers) that has never been to a strip club. While some only went once just to see what it was about, and others go way too much, everyone has at least gone inside at one time in their life.

I have always lived in Medium to Large cities though, so maybe it is different in small towns.

larry_minn, Bruce M and orangejeep06 like this.
  16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I had a lot of fun in the 90's. It included dating several dancers and spending ALOT of money on them.........

I loved every minute of it!!!

I did NOT marry a dancer/stripper.......

:cool:

17. willie_pete

Ah, a prime example of the Law of Conservation of Angular Momentum.

:supergrin:

aircarver, janice6, Bruce M and 2 others like this.
  18. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia

Odd topic for someone who won’t post a picture because in her words, everybody is a perv? :)

Paul53, kiser64, aplcr0331 and 4 others like this.
  19. Bish1309

Bish1309

I used one on my rental property's front porch before repainting.

Lt. Donn, Paul53, bgirls and 2 others like this.
  20. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Yer Pole left out "was a stripper"...

:dancingbanana:

Yah, the group was Raw Sugar, and it was the easiest way to make $100/Hour in the 80's! Met the X wife that way (there is a CLUE in there) The Fringe Benefits were *outstanding* for sure!

But yah, never had a relationship with a stripper, no way!

Next!