GlockTalk Forum banner

Which best describes your life interactions with strippers?

• Married one.

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Dated one.

Votes: 60 14.3%
  • Spent total > $10K on strippers.

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Spent total > $5K on strippers.

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Spent total $1K to $5K on strippers.

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Spent < $1K on strippers.

Votes: 158 37.6%
  • Never went near a stripper.

Votes: 163 38.8%
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me being nosy again, its what I do. A couple of the recent threads have been about strippers, and it seems to me that they cause you men to make some very poor decisions.

Poll is anonymous, so don't be embarrassed. Of course, feel free to elaborate because we love details LOL.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I’ve dated Two dancers in my past. I didn’t spend much money on them after the initial meeting. At the time they made more money than me.
Edit: I also dated a girl who I always joked with her telling her she should be a stripper. We broke up and a couple years later I was with some friends at a club when I went to tip the DJ to play a song for me I saw her in the VIP grinding on a dude. I guess she took my advice.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
As far as personal experience with strippers.............have looked but never gotten involved....................it is true, you regret the things you didn't do.:devilish:

·
NRA Life Member
28,419 Posts
Details, OK here are some details.

I used to be a Plant Manager for a chemical company and went to a meeting of the Chemical Manufacturers Assoc. in Atlanta where we sat at a table that included the President of the CMA and his secretary / assistant. A few of my plant manager friends and I had a nice luncheon discussion with her. She was very well versed in the chemical industry

Three or fours months later we managers wound up in Atlanta again for a different meeting and went to Cheetah 3 one night. Girls were dancing on the tabletops. Later on we got another girl dancing, but by that time we were more involved in the latest company gossip and evidently didn't look at her enough. She finally said " You guys don't remember me do you?"

That made us give her a better look and we all said almost together " OMG, you're Sheila from the CMA " . She looked different with no clothes on. We said WTH are you doing here.

She said she had asked her boss for a raise shortly after that meeting and he had said no ( He evidently was crazy ), so she had quit and started dancing at Cheetah's. Said she was making more than twice the money she had been making as a secretary.

·
The underscore is silent
5,212 Posts
From 20 to 23 I was a bar back, bartender, and hostage negotiator (assistant manager) in a few strip bars in the Dallas/Ft Worth area... a few years after that I tended bar and managed some country bars in the same area but maintained relationships in the topless bars...in other words I gave them free drinks if they came out to my bars when they were not working because it increased sales by a lot!

I cannot imagine how much I spent pursuing strippers and really only have a couple of regretful interactions. I lucked into the first job in a topless bar (Hooters girl I was dating wanted to dump me and decided that getting me a job at a topless bar would soften the blow...she was right) and loved it...I had a blast and enjoyed the attention and learned quickly that jealousy and being possessive are not traits that attract people to you. All I did was work out, be a good host behind the bar, and (safely) enjoy the after party when invited. When you are one of 7-8 guys working with 70-80 young women...you get invited, and if you are fun and friendly and don’t try to make it something it’s not, you get invited a lot!

I met a few that were not mentally stable or involved with substances or destructive life choices and I just drifted away from them and toward the fun girls. I dated a couple somewhat seriously but their lack of ability to seperate work life from real life led us to not date seriously anymore. I treated those years of my life like a movie...I played a part and I knew that I would not spend the rest of my life with any ties to or relationships from it. When I was 26-27 I made a clean break and left the bar biz completely. The only hold over I have is that one of the Dallas Mavericks “Mavs Maniacs” dudes was a club DJ I worked with for a few years...I ran into him at a Mavs game and it was like two guys from the witness protection program seeing each other. We gave each other a wide eyed handshake and exchanged “glad you got out alive” messages and moved on. Funny times. I still exchange awkward handshakes and hugs with him when I am at a game.

I (safely) enjoyed the 90s...

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Thankfully I spent my lifetime allotment on strippers in the oil patch during the early 1980's, before getting married.

I went once as designated driver with 2 of my co-workers, who had heard from some the guys we were working with about an all nude club in Tampa, and they wanted to go. They were 20 years younger than me, so figured they needed to see what it was all about.

We came home, with them hundreds of dollars poorer, frustrated, and drunk. In other words, typical night at the strip club.

·
NRA Life Member
28,419 Posts
i don't believe most American men have had any involvement or experience with a stripper.
Yeah, you are probably right, BUT my boss loved going to strip clubs and always dragged me along; been in clubs in 30 odd states with him. Worst one I was in was in Georgia. Looked like a NYC brownstone , it was in the basement. The girls were hanging off the sewer pipes under the first floor as a stripper pole. :alex:

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
I have a friend who "poles" for fitness, and post's videos on Facebook. Other than that, I don't personally know anyone who pole dances.

Reactions: Lowcountry_Glocker

·
Registered
13,774 Posts
i don't believe most American men have had any involvement or experience with a stripper.
And I would have guessed the exact opposite.

I actually don't personally know any man(friends or co-workers) that has never been to a strip club. While some only went once just to see what it was about, and others go way too much, everyone has at least gone inside at one time in their life.

I have always lived in Medium to Large cities though, so maybe it is different in small towns.

·
NRA Life Member
28,419 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
5,365 Posts
Yer Pole left out "was a stripper"...

:dancingbanana:

Yah, the group was Raw Sugar, and it was the easiest way to make $100/Hour in the 80's! Met the X wife that way (there is a CLUE in there) The Fringe Benefits were *outstanding* for sure!

But yah, never had a relationship with a stripper, no way!

Next!

1 - 20 of 276 Posts